Looking for an opportunity to be behind the scenes helping patients get to treatment sooner?
This is the role for you!! eBlu's Insurance Verification Specialist role is a key role that collects information from the payers (insurance companies) to provide back to the practice which is located all over the United States. We are looking for candidates that are patient, able to pivot when needed, have attention to detail, and possess positive attributes.
This role has position expectations and responsibilities that are set up in tier success so you are aware of your progress at all times to moving to that next level. eBlu is a growing company with the potential to continue growth for those seeking those steps.
Highlights to consider before applying:
Starting pay is $17 an hour
In-Office position: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Call Center setting with the potential to promote internally
Job Performance Bonus available quarterly
The location is Downtown Louisville
The start date is September 25th!
The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for verifying patient insurance coverage to ensure necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s health care provider. The role is responsible for entering patient benefit information into the system and verifying the existing information is accurate. The Insurance Verification Specialist position requires an extensive amount of time on the phone with insurance payers.
- Insurance Verification Specialist makes outbound calls to Insurance Payers and/or Specialty Pharmacies to obtain patient benefits.
- Process documents based on department guidelines in accordance with standards and performance indicators.
- The Insurance Verification Specialist maintains all patient confidentiality.
- Must have excellent multitasking skills to allow for a successful Insurance Verification Specialist.
- Must be very detail-oriented and organized to maintain accurate patient insurance records.
- Ability to focus and work quickly within a 24-hour turnaround for patient insurance information.
- The Insurance Verification Specialist must work well with others as part of a team.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor based on the specific client contract.
PHYSICAL AND TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to work at a desk in the office for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to maintain focus under high levels of pressure/multiple priorities.
- General knowledge of insurance companies, insurance plans, and functionality; operational policies and processes.
- High school diploma
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 1-3 years experience in a health plan, facility, healthcare provider office, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of reimbursement (i.e. benefit investigation, prior authorization, pre-certification, letters of medical necessity).
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Working knowledge of drug reimbursement issues
- Understanding of Health Plan Medical Policies and Prior Authorization Criteria
- Knowledge of HCPCS, CPT, and ICD-10 coding
- Data entry skills required
- Ability to resolve problems independently
- Ability to follow instructions
EEO CODE – eBlu Solutions is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. eBlu Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.