Origin Design is a full-service professional design firm offering architecture, engineering, field services and land survey. We deliver impactful, sustainable solutions to help the clients and communities we work with thrive and grow.
Origin Design is continually seeking highly qualified individuals to enhance our staff and better serve our clients. We are currently hiring a summer Land Surveying Intern that will assist with boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, land subdivisions, legal descriptions, and construction layout projects. The position will be based out of our Dubuque office. The employment term is for the 2024 summer. Future internships and opportunities upon graduation may also be available.
Origin Design emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate personal and professional growth in your career. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture of collaboration and position our employees for success. If you join our team, we will help you grow your skills and encourage your creativity. Your future starts here. #itstartshere #origincrew
- Assist in performing boundary and topographical surveys and related engineering and land surveying work.
- Accurately and legibly record survey field notes.
- Use survey related equipment/software.
- Operate survey instruments such as levels, total stations, data collectors, and GPS receivers.
- Store, retrieve, and manage field survey data and transfer data accurately between devices.
- Conduct research to collect legal documents at Courthouse, Origin Design files, City Hall and online.
- Assist in providing construction field staking.
- Become proficient in Origin Design point and line codes and have knowledge of D.O.T. procedures and codes.
- Utilize Autodesk Civil 3D software to assist with the development of survey documents including drawings, exhibits, and easement documents.
- Utilize company CADD standards and templates.
- Perform basic equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Currently enrolled in a civil engineering, surveying or construction-related technology academic program. No previous experience necessary.
- Completed course work related to surveying and civil engineering preferred.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment and materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to traverse through rough terrain on foot.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time while performing field work.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and can operate company-owned vehicles.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff.
- Willingness to work longer hours and some weekends.
- Work-life harmony.
- Flexible work hours and remote working options.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Sense of community, fun events.
Origin Design is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.