Why Block Imaging?
Our mission, People Matter, isn't just words on a wall. It's always on the minds of our team and our leaders, guiding how we live and work together every day. It's the heart behind our desire to create a thriving team atmosphere where being engaged and passionate about work is the norm, not the exception. And we also find some time for a little extra fun here and there!
General Job Description:
Mentoring with and assisting experienced Imaging Engineers to provide the best technical support and service to our customers through reconditioning, repairing, installing, inspecting, testing and conducting technical troubleshooting of medical imaging equipment primarily in North and Central Florida.
Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
Profit Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and a generous company match. And financial planning tools and training.
Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% of the total cost up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year, increasing to $2,500 after two years. This education may include college credit courses, continuing education unit courses, seminars and certification tests that are beneficial to both the team member and the organization.
Paid Parental Leave: Team members who request Parental Leave under this policy will run concurrently with leave under the FMLA. The Company will provide up to three-weeks of paid maternity leave for the team members own medical recovery following the birth and three-days of paid paternal leave following the birth of own child to care for and bond with child
Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual.
- Service medical imaging equipment focused within North and Central Florida, and others areas as necessary.
- To assure that imaging systems are fully calibrated and functioning to OEM performance levels.
- To assure the needs of customers are being met and the system is operating based upon their needs.
- To move the company forward in engineering competency.
- To represent the company in a manner that shows the user, confidence, knowledge, and courtesy.
- Evaluate the equipment, troubleshoot and complete the reconditioning, installation and implementation of medical equipment systems.
- Continual expansion of knowledge base in the repair, refurbishment, and installation of equipment.
- Develop knowledge of diagnosis and repair of imaging systems.
- Support management through project feedback and communication of issues and opportunities.
- Be available to handle technical issues and questions.
- Provide feedback to the office from on-site locations and provide a positive presentation of the company to individuals on-site.
- Perform mechanical staging, “cabling up”, moving, and installation of imaging equipment.
- Perform tear down and removal of imaging equipment.
- Facilitate decontamination and inventory of incoming systems.
- This position will involve up to 75 percent travel; so flexibility to travel when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Role Competencies:
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timelines are met.
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership.
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect.
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success.
- Hold self to a high standard while ensuring projects are completed on time.
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including listening.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research.
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Together, Growth, Integrity, and Honor. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
Experience: 1-3 year’s of technical experience in medical imaging experience or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer diagnostic software and hardware.
- Database entry and management.
- Communication, especially listening and speaking.
- Ability to work cooperatively.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history.
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR and criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
- Must be 21 or older to drive company vehicle.
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.