The Maintenance Staff at Black Diamond Camps serves with a team of year-round staff who care of 160 acres of lawns, forest trails and play fields; over 50 buildings and multiple projects, along with regular maintenance. The person in this position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior toward co-workers, supervisors, volunteers and guests. Regular attendance is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in caring for the play fields, trails and landscaped areas
- Mow lawns and public areas.
- Weed-eat along fence lines, around buildings and along trails.
- Spray weed control herbicides as needed and as directed.
- Leaf blow along paths and trails.
- Maintain habitat restoration plantings by weed eating and spraying blackberries around native plants.
- Use chainsaw to cut down nuisance trees or fallen trees.
- Split and stack firewood.
- Responsibly follow all safety instructions and maintain safe operation of equipment personally and for colleagues and guests.
- Conscientiously care for equipment and responsibly steward supplies.
- Maintain standards of professionalism and customer service.
- Assist with other maintenance work as requested.
- Being available and flexible for as needed projects or needs in other departments and programs arise.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
This is a seasonal, contract position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a sincere love for the Lord and be committed to the Lordship of Christ in every area of their life.
- Ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision.
- Be willing to support the philosophy and goals of Warm Beach Camp Ministries and Black Diamond Camp through attitude, speech and action.
- Be willing to accept supervision and guidance.
- Desire to work hard and see a quality job through to completion.
- Ability to operate farm tractor, lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaw safely and responsibly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License (for those age 21 or older) to be authorized to drive camp vehicles.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally assist in the lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements of the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly talk or hear. The physical demands described here are representative of the minimum physical requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually load, as created by lawn mowers, brush cutters, weed eaters and sharpening blades on grinder. Employee should use standard safety equipment when performing duties of this job, such as ear protection devices, face guard, dust mask/air filter, rubber gloves and the like.
ON-CAMP HOUSING CONDITION
The employee in this position is required to live on the camp premises in staff housing in order to provide round-the-clock supervision of campers and volunteers and fulfill the program requirements of this position.