We are seeking an experienced, creative individual who is interested in capturing the lifelong memories that are made at Camp. You, as a photographer, will work with the Marketing Team to capture, edit, and distribute exciting, high-resolution images of our summer programs to be shared with camper parents and in various marketing projects. You will be immersed in the camp experience and have the opportunity to grow in both artistic and technical photography skills. You will work cooperatively with program leadership to capture the joy and excitement that takes place at Camp.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Capture high quality photos that may be shared with parents and used in marketing projects.
- Ability to produce a minimum of 100 edited photos per day.
- Edit, organize, and distribute photos each week as directed.
- Support the Black Diamond Camp Marketing Team with photography project.
- Manage care of equipment with good stewardship.
- Follow all Camp policies and procedures, including photo release rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
While this position has no supervisory responsibilities, camper safety is priority. This role is responsible for keeping campers safe while taking photos and should report to summer leadership if safety issues arise.
ON-CAMP HOUSING CONDITION
The employee in this position is required to live on the camp premises in staff housing in order to provide round-the-clock supervision of campers and volunteers and fulfill the program requirements of this position.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
This is a seasonal, contracted position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a sincere love for the Lord and be committed to the Lordship of Christ in every area of their life.
- Have a burden and a love for all people and a desire to see them totally committed to the Lordship of Jesus.
- Have prior experience working with DSLR cameras, shooting in Manual and RAW
- Proficient in Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, or Bridge.
- Be willing to support the philosophy and goals of Warm Beach Camp Ministries and Black Diamond Camp through attitude, speech, and action.
- Have a learner’s attitude with willingness to accept supervision and guidance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year's certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months college-level classes in photography; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain onsite
Current Driver's License to be authorized to drive camp vehicles (not required)
King County Food Handler's Card
- Strong photography and photo organization and management skills
- Ability to tell a story visually
- Proficient in Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, or Bridge.
- Experience working with SmugMug (not required)
- Ability to work with others, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to present a diverse portfolio that highlights all necessary skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently assist in the lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds. Specific vision requirements of the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly talk or hear. The physical demands described here are representative of the minimum physical requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and or loud.