Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, accurately troubleshooting, and repairing SmartCover™ Systems for all customer’s installed bases within a predetermined territory in Southern California. Provides Customer Relationship Management to create and maintain a strong customer loyalty and continuously improve customer satisfaction. Builds trust and maintains open communication with customer(s) in assigned area. Works independently in assigned territory while following company policy and culture protocols. Adapts to rapidly changing priorities and consistently works within a balance between maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of work.
- Analysis, Troubleshooting/repair and field work to support all SmartCover™ Systems products.
- Provide documentation for all service performed with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Installation and application of all SmartCover™ Systems products.
- Customer training of all SmartCover™ Systems products.
- General customer service including field service, telephone and email support.
- Scheduling jobs in response to customer requirements.
- Day to day Self-management, including time, efficiency, and multitasking.
- Build strong team relationships with customers, co-workers, and sales channel.
- Maintain all company assets; vehicle, generators, tools, etc.
- Inventory management.
- Work in compliance with all health and safety and environmental legislation including, but not limited to, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and SmartCover Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Deliver customer insight as to direction, growth & satisfaction.
- Attend to Alerts within specified amount of time (personal and contractual).
- Per territory – Meet system availability metrics
- Accuracy of install/service with specification of minimizing secondary site visits.
- Support sales staff and install #/% of systems installed within specified time from ship date.
Competencies Needed to Support the Following Core Values:
- Make it SIMPLE & EASY for our customers
- People first: PROACTIVE & EMPOWERED
- HONESTY, HUMILITY & INTEGRITY in everything we do
- Never mistake ACTIVITY FOR ACHIEVEMENT
- REPUTATION above all
- Committed to CONTINOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Body Positions: Includes standing, sitting walking, lifting (up to 60 lbs), talking, hearing and handling.
- Work may be indoors in a temperature-controlled environment and outdoors in a non-controlled environment.
- Typical noise level is low to moderate.
- Possesses a high level of technical aptitude.
- Proficient physical dexterity and comprehension of manual tasks.
- Proactive problem solving, solution driven not passive acceptance.
- Experience with general safety procedures and requirements, including basic traffic control techniques and proficiency with basic hand tools including power drills, grinders, caulking gun, etc.
- Ability to analyze data, apply intuition and experience to complement data, and ultimately present sound logical conclusions.
- Demonstrates professionalism and good judgment in a rapidly changing, intense, and fast paced team environment.
- Multi-task and coordinate multiple and often conflicting priorities.
- Maintains an outgoing, positive, friendly, and customer-focused attitude.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills to ensure understanding of message.
- Effective listening and inquiry skills to ensure understanding of incoming communication.
- Ability to apply experience and reasoning skills to find viable solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in conversational Spanish preferred. (Location dependent)
- High School Diploma plus 2 years in a technical support role or equivalent experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Experience self-managing day to day duties.
- Field Service or Technical Support experience preferred.
- Electro-Mechanical and/or Water/Wastewater/Municipal background preferred.