Who we are
Brightly, a Siemens company, is the global leader in intelligent asset management solutions. Brightly enables organizations to transform the performance of their assets with a sophisticated cloud-based platform that leverages more than 20 years of data to deliver predictive insights that help users through the key phases of the entire asset lifecycle. More than 12,000 clients of every size worldwide depend on Brightly’s complete suite of intuitive software – including CMMS, EAM, Strategic Asset Management, IoT Remote Monitoring, Sustainability and Community Engagement. Paired with award-winning training, support and consulting services, Brightly helps light the way to a bright future with smarter assets and sustainable.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive design and building of innovative and performant features into our next generation software applications. Apply deep knowledge of computer science & programming principles, combined with empirical professional experience into innovative solutions.
- Develop, integrate & document libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our applications across multiple projects as common services or components, leveraged by multiple products, within scope, cost, time & quality constraints.
- Build and track quality into agile product lifecycle encompassing requirements, design, code, testing, delivery, support.
- Enable and write clear maintainable full-stack solutions that scale, adhere/improve/augment existing standards, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration and deployment, etc.).
- Understand and socialize company goals, metrics and align with team’s technical goals.
- Advise product owners and UX on what’s feasible technically, partner in user requirements translation to technical specifications. Participate in product planning sessions as technical SME.
- Support our products, identify and fix root causes of production incidents, own troubleshooting and resolution of production issues across teams.
- Own product quality and work to quickly address production defects.
- Embed a DevOps mentality within the team.
- Demonstrate and imbibe data-driven analysis and pragmatic decision making aligned with business and technology needs. Follow up on immediate needs with long term solutions as needed.
- Serve as a technical lead for your team as needed or special purpose projects per business priority. Identify & own coaching opportunities.
- Stay current with learning current trends in technology and mentor and guide junior engineers and interns.
- Partner with architects, engineers, development managers, product managers, agile coaches across the engineering practice in an agile environment, with scrum implemented at scale globally.
- Driver in continuous improvement processes through metrics and feedback. Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. Be a change leader!
What You Need
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of web development (C#, ASP.NET) experience
- Data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, databases, SQL, web programming, design patterns, SOLID principles
- Experience with web development, C#, JS frameworks, UI/UX technologies
- Experience with REST services, SOA, micro-services
- Experience unit testing, mocking frameworks, automation frameworks
- DevOps mindset and experience in a mature CI/CD environment
- Implementation of exception handling, key event logging, and performance measurement,
- Experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills required
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS Services
- Experience with Container technology
- Open source contribution, repositories, personal projects
- Participation in communities of interest, meetups
- Certifications in technology, agile methodologies
- Prior experience in agile implemented at scale across multiple teams globally
The Brightly culture
Service. Ingenuity. Integrity. Together. These values are core to who we are and help us make the best decisions, manage change, and provide the foundations for our future. These guiding principles help us innovate, flourish and make a real impact in the businesses and communities we help to thrive. We are committed to the great experiences that nurture our employees and the people we serve while protecting the environments in which we live.
Together we are Brightly
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities