The Cyclyx Operations Manager oversees all operations of the Cyclyx Feedstock Processing Facility and is responsible for ensuring environmental, health and safety is the top priority. The Plant Manager manages the P&L, Production, Scheduling, Shipping & Receiving, Maintenance, Environmental Compliance, Health & Safety, Contractor/Vendor Relations, and Quality Control. The role is also responsible for all aspects of personnel management, including staffing, performance reviews, goal setting and progress monitoring, and discipline.
This position requires a strong, inspiring leader with strong interpersonal skills that can effectively build and sustain a high-performing operations team. Additionally, this is a very hands-on position. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking, be a self-starter, resourceful problem solver and a highly responsive team player.
Critical Requirements for Success
1. Progressive experience managing a similar manufacturing facility or warehousing operation
2. Leadership in ensuring best possible safety culture for employees and both the facility and operation is compliant in meeting occupational health and process safety requirements and meets applicable safety and environmental regulations and laws
3. Record of success in delivering production objectives and managing budget
4. Maintains a high level of quality control by urgently rectifying issues and institute additional quality control checks and process as needed for continuous improvement
5. Ability to manage timeline, scheduling, and contractor work at the facility
6. Experience optimizing production of plant equipment and process flow within the facility
7. Provides solid leadership skills and hands-on interactions with plant staff to identify and resolve issues before they become problems and adequate coaching on preventing future similar issues
8. Demonstrated ability to develop and apply training for employees (developing their skills, abilities, and knowledge) to continuously improve performance and operations effectiveness
9. Ability to apply strong mechanical experience with understanding of extruders, gear boxes, etc.
10. Demonstrated ability to lead root cause analysis with Engineering, Operations, and EHS teams
11. Develop actionable plans from root cause analysis and drive implementation to achieve production goals on defined timeline
12. Plan, schedule, oversee implementation, and commission plant improvements with equipment vendors, contractors, and the plant operations team
13. Continuously identify areas of improvement for performance of the system, or reduction in required maintenance, and drive implementation of solutions
14. Assists in troubleshooting/tuning/improving:
o Plant Environmental, Health and Safety focus
o Operations reliability
o Equipment maintenance and uptime
15. Monitors plant operating costs and accurately provides cost projections.
16. Urgently identifies and acts to control, avoid and reduce costs as needed to remain within budget requirements
· Minimum 5 yrs. experience in an operations management role with a min. of 10 years relevant experience in a similar field of work
· Excellent judgment regarding health, safety, environmental and fire protection risks with emphasis on injury prevention and business continuity.
· Experience managing P&Ls and budgets
· Experience managing vendors/contractors
· Experience evaluating and troubleshooting processing equipment
· Familiar with Management of Change (MOC)
· Strong, visible leadership skills and proven abilities to build high-performing teams
· Skilled at effectively confronting and resolving conflicts / issues
· Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement mindset
· Excellent business acumen and results-driven
· Exceptional organizational skills and process-orientation
· Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Assertive, self-confident, and proactive
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Impeccable personal and professional ethics
Reports to: Sr. Dir., Supply Chain
Type: Salaried; full time with full benefits
Work Hours: Generally, 8:00am - 5:00pm. This is a multi-shift, 24/7 operation and there may be a requirement to work evenings and weekends as required to meet position requirements
Staff: Plant Shift Leads and Operators
Location: Tigard, OR
Work environment: professional office and manufacturing
Travel: minimal. Less than 10% travel is expected.
Physical Demands: Varied between work performed in an office environment to that of supervision in an industrial warehouse or manufacturing operations environment. Certain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
Cyclyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant’s status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities.