The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises two senior accountants as well as accounts payable and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior team members and report to the Chief Accounting Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Chief Accounting Officer in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from Company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Chief Accounting Officer to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support the Chief Accounting Officer with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required/highly desirable.
- Five years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Experience with Great Plains, and Hyperion a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
Base Salary/ Wage Range $120,000 to $130,000 plus annual bonus. Compensation for the role is commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. ConcertoCare offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes full healthcare coverage, a 401K with match, and a broad range of other health, wellness, and financial benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
ConcertoCare is an Alcohol/Drug/Smoke-Free Workplace