- New hire incentive payment of one thousand five hundred dollars, paid in two installments.
- Eligibility for health, paid dental, and paid vision coverage.
- 401(k) plan, with 3% match.
- Paid time off, sick time, and vacation time.
- 10 company-paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Summers off with benefit premiums paid. (Teacher roles only.)
- Ability to work from home 5 days per month (6 months from start date)
- Pay differential for bilingual staff.
Summary: Team with the Early Childhood Education (ECE) senior accountant to assist with financial management of the ECE programs by preforming various fiscal functions.
- Maintains continuous high level of knowledge about Head Start regulations, grant requirements, fiscal policies, and procedures.
- Manages purchase requests for proper documentation and appropriate budgetary source of funds.
- Assists in the creating of grant proposals for all ECE programs ensuring fiscal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures proper reconciliations for each grant and GL account being utilized for ECE programs.
- Maintain financial accuracy for personnel expenses in ECE programs.
- Prepare and maintaining of accurate reports for Policy Council, Board, and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains accurate and up to date reports on site location specifics to include but not limited to number of students, teachers, bus/transportation information, meals served, etc.
- Performs reconciliations of ECE credit card account and maintains all charge card authorization forms, as well as preparing CC report for Budget & Finance approval.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Prefer an associate degree in accounting or other business-related field from an accredited school and a minimum of two years' experience or combination of secondary accounting education and 5 plus years of experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization with multiple programs.
- Experience with working in accounting systems and maintaining electronic files.
- Understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
This position requires proof of COVID vaccination or approved exemption. Contact Human Resources for information regarding applying for an exemption.