About Canal Alliance
Canal Alliance exists to break the generational cycle of poverty for Latino immigrants and their families by lifting barriers to their success. We are a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.
Canal Alliance seeks a talented candidate to join our development team, which is collectively responsible for raising over $10 million in annual revenue with an eye toward improving our fundraising capacity and efficiency.
The Development Assistant is full-time position that reports directly to the Development Operations Supervisor and supports fundraising and marketing efforts by performing accurate data entry, reconciliation and reporting; preparing donor acknowledgment letters and correspondence; assisting with in-office printing and mailing projects, supporting production of special events, and providing general administrative and office support. This position demands an effective, focused, organized and detail-oriented worker.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Data Entry, Records Management and Reporting in Salesforce
- Enter and maintain accurate records for donors, grant funders and giving in Salesforce.
- Prepare weekly giving, grants and data management reports.
- Provide data entry support for LGC donor cultivation and solicitation moves management activities.
- Prepare donor lists for mailings, appeals, and events.
- Work closely with the Finance department on processes for entering and properly coding donor contact and gift records
- Prepare annual list of Leadership Giving Circle Donors for website and annual reports.
- Prepare the monthly Classy reconciliation report to ensure that all online donations have come over properly into Salesforce from the online giving platform.
Donor Acknowledgements, Mailings and Communications
- Merge, print and mail acknowledgment letters and emails for all donations, grants and major gifts and gift tribute notifications.
- Coordinate the production, printing and mailing of donor appeals, acknowledgments, annual reports and other communications.
- Prepare segmented donor and prospect lists for all mailed and emailed fundraising appeals.
Administrative and Events Support
- Coordinate and draft agendas, minutes and other documents for Development team meetings.
- Support planning, coordination and implementation of donor meetings and special events produced by the Development department.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer and other team members as requested.
- Process purchase order requests for department expenses.
- Support Development team members with other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain inventory of branded letterhead, note cards, half-sheets, stamps. • Compile and prepare materials for meetings with donors and prospects.
- Proficient computer and technology skills, including facility with internet navigation, Word and Excel.
- Effective time management and work organization skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work within dynamic teams and build strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, volunteers, clients and donors.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage demanding situations effectively, showing strong initiative and being anticipatory rather than reactive.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience providing data entry and administrative support in nonprofit, human service, and/or customer service setting.
- Knowledge of Latino, immigrant, or low-income communities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience supervising volunteers
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary of $27/hr with a benefits package that includes:
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- 12 days of sick leave per year
- 4 Wellness Days per year (one per quarter)
- Paid Birthday each year
- 16 paid holidays per year
- 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance, life insurance, LTD, and EAP.
- 403(b)-retirement plan with employer match of up to 4% after 3 months of employment.
- Voluntary benefits include FSA, vision, life, and pet insurance, as well as coverage for dependents.
- Telehealth for physical and mental health
*This is a hybrid position, with 1-2 days per week in the office.
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Assistant – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.