Skills and Abilities:
- Perform some methods testing independently but may require guidance/supervision
- Operate some instruments independently on some methods but may require guidance/supervision
- Suggest improvements to existing testing methods when possible
- Able to perform Method Testing/Validation for projects as required
- Able to follow SOPs and TMs as required and on occasion suggest improvements
- Able to review analytical packages from some techniques performed in the lab by Chemists Level I or below (or by management approval).
- May be able cross-train Chemists Level I or below (or by management approval) on some techniques performed in the lab
- Perform investigational testing for OOS
- Participate in cross functional teams and make suggestions for laboratory (such as lab compliance, monitoring, ordering and implementing USP changes, etc)
- Physical Demands:
- Required to use hands to handle objects, equipment, computer controls.
- Required to lift up to 50lbs , stand, bend for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, ability to focus.
- Required to be present in the laboratory to perform daily testing and collaborate with department director, peers, and supervisors.
- Responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to safety policies with the proper attitude toward safety and health, helping to ensure that all department operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health for all personnel.
Personnel Protective Equipment or Attire Required for Position: