- New hire incentive payment of one thousand five hundred dollars, paid in two installments.
- Eligibility for health, paid dental, and paid vision coverage.
- 401(k) plan, with 3% match.
- Paid time off, sick time, and vacation time.
- 10 company-paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Summers off with benefit premiums paid. (Teacher roles only.)
- Ability to work from home 5 days per month (6 months from start date - restrictions apply depending on the position)
- Pay differential for bilingual staff.
Summary: Serves WIC participants by determining eligibility of applicants, providing nutrition counseling and education, and making referral to other health and social services.
- Prepare nutrition care plans for high-risk participants and document high-risk contacts.
- Prescribe food packages for participants.
- Deliver and document nutrition education.
- Participate in meetings and continuing education programs as appropriate to assigned job duties.
- Assure local agency compliance with requirements for documenting medical and nutritional risk status and all nutrition education services provided in participant files.
- Collects and interprets anthropometric data such as height, weight, and head circumference.
- Collects blood specimens and performs blood testing for hemoglobin and hematocrits in compliance with quality control standards and universal precautions.
- Reviews immunization records and enters data into MIS system.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of one year's experience is strongly recommended, or the individual may be supervised in the agency by the Nutrition Education Coordinator. One year of graduate work can replace the one year of experience.
- Bachelor of Science or bachelor's degree with emphasis on one of the following: food and nutrition, community nutrition, public health nutrition, dietetics, nutrition education, human nutrition, nutrition science, or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite in a Windows environment is helpful and preferred.
This position requires proof of COVID vaccination or approved exemption. Contact Human Resources for information regarding applying for an exemption.