Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC) is looking to add a Co-occurring Behavioral Health Care Coordinator to our team in Clinton. This role will provide direct substance use disorder assessment, intervention, consultation, and will work to reduce barriers and promote progression of care.
As the Co-occurring Behavioral Health Care Coordinator you will:
- Evaluate each patient for substance use disorder diagnosis, provide clinical recommendations, coordinate services, and monitor all aspects of care for patient during 30-day follow-up period or longer if an individual requires additional follow-up.
- Interact with patients, family, and support systems to reduce barriers and promote progression of care.
- Assist in coordinating care for co-occurring patients across the region and in multiple settings i.e., hospitals, jails, treatment facilities, transition living facilities and shelters, family homes and in the community
- Collaborate, build relationships with, and receive referrals from community partners including but not limited to; hospitals, first responders, jails, attorneys, mobile crisis outreach, community services, SUD Treatment facilities/agencies, Eastern Iowa Region Crisis System providers, Eastern Iowa Crisis System Leadership, etc
- Attend and participate in Eastern Iowa Crisis System trainings and meetings, County meetings, supervision with Eastern Iowa Crisis System Leadership, and engage in as-needed care coordination meetings to address high utilizers or complicated case review.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Substance Abuse Counseling, Social Work, Human Services, or Counseling with an Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification from IBC or equivalent. This position requires a valid driver's license and the ability to pass an extensive background check.
Salary and Benefits
ASAC offers competitive compensation starting at 41k for Bachelors level staff, with additional compensation for a relevant MA level degree or those with certification or licensure. Staff are eligible for a complete benefit package including, Health and Dental, FSA, company paid Life/AD&D/Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Holidays, a 403(b) Retirement plan with a match and a generous Vacation, Personal Time and Sick Leave Plan.
If you are ready to use your passion and skills to empower others and make a significant difference in your community, apply now and embark on a rewarding career with ASAC!
ASAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.