The Safe Environment Program Coordinator works directly with parish and school Safe Environment Coordinators (SEC’s) and VIRTUS® Facilitators to implement Diocesan-approved educational programs and to ensure compliance with safe environment requirements for employees and volunteers working with minors. This position is full time and reports to the Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate delivery of safe environment curriculum for ages pre-K through adult in accordance with the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
- Coordinate compliance training for employees and volunteers, addressing key issues for the OCYP.
- Manage Safe Environment Coordinator and VIRTUS® Facilitator Relationships at parish and school locations.
- Direct and monitor compliance with the USCCB Charter and the Diocesan Safe Environment Policy.
- Design and deliver training programs tailored to adult learners, including large group facilitation.
- Provide Diocesan support on utilization of the VIRTUS® and Clear Star databases.
- Conduct on-site compliance review of safe environment requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate (verbal, written) in a clear and professional manner.
- Solve problems and resolve issues, balancing policy mandates with diplomacy.
- Build collaborative relationships with clients, business partners and constituents.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective organizational and implementation skills.
- Work independently with confidence, and minimal managerial oversight.
- Manage projects on time and within budget parameters.
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in program management.
- Three or more years of experience in large group presentation and facilitation.
- VIRTUS® Facilitator certification or willing to complete within 90 days.
- Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, preferred.
- Practicing Catholic with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church; includes faithful obedience to the Magisterium.
The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision plans, STD/LTD fully paid by the employer, retirement plans including a 403b plan and a defined benefit pension plan. Paid time off includes generous Vacation and Sick leaves, plus paid Holidays.
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, commit to our Code of Conduct policy, and complete online and in-person trainings prior to hire.