Newburyport Bank and Pentucket Bank have received formal regulatory approval for the establishment of River Run Services, LLC as the singular, joint mutual holding company under which both banks will operate as separate, independent community banks. River Run will manage the shared services organization supporting both Newburyport Bank and Pentucket Bank. While both Banks maintain their independent, mutual community bank status, working in tandem under River Run will provide scale to the organizations.
The Business Systems Analyst will initially be based at Newburyport Bank, with the expectation that this role will eventually transition over to River Run to provide support on various projects, implement new applications, and improve existing processes. The Business Systems Analyst will be expected to understand and collect business requirements to support recommendations of new technologies and/or changes to existing policies and use of systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with applicable stakeholders to identify and recommend process improvements and/or automation opportunities to enhance the productivity and operation efficiency of the business.
- Researches solutions and makes recommendations based on industry trends and professional business knowledge.
- Assists in systems reviews to establish business requirements, risk mitigation, cost justification, and network compatibility to support project activities, process improvements and/or systems development.
- Contributes to project management and initiatives as a subject matter expert by representing the business, establishing scope, estimating project efforts, meeting all deliverables/milestones for project under management and identifies risks and if necessary, recommends mitigation measures.
- Configures and documents system settings during implementation of new applications to ensure business needs are met.
- Identifies requirements for testing, develops test plans and scripts along with execution of the scripts.
- Assists in the development of procedures and/or training plans during implementation of new systems, features, and/or business initiatives.
- Manages system integrations, ensuring mapping is updated as new products and/or features are introduced.
- Performs ongoing maintenance of user access for select applications as needed.
- Under direction of management, analyzes the feasibility and impact of new initiatives, process improvements, technical solutions, and/or products/features.
- Solve problems, exercise sound judgement, and identify alternative procedures and efficiencies.
- Periodically write reports and business correspondence that include items such as: cost-benefit analysis, risk assessment, product roadmaps, and current and future states of the product when required.
- Function as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Bank’s ongoing mission, vision and core values.
- Demonstrates understanding and compliance with Bank policies and procedures as well as regulatory guidelines as applicable to the position.
- Performs additional duties as requested or assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Operations or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous Project Management experience is preferred.
- Preferred two years banking experience with knowledge of banking/financial industry and applications.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with experience in balancing conflicting priorities and handling conflict.
- Flexible approach to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must regularly interface with management, end-users, and vendors applying a high degree of independent business judgement and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and with vendors.
- Knowledge of database structures and technology infrastructure is preferred.
- Working knowledge of analytical tools, such as R, Tableau, Minitab, and Spotfire.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements and translate into functional specifications.
- Professional demeanor and professional maturity required for working closely with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Newburyport Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, you may contact Candela Borracci at email@example.com or call 978-225-8757.