We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with a specialization in Estate and Trust to join our talented team.
The Senior E & T Accountant is responsible for organizing client assignments and projects including the completion of assigned tasks and project components as well as coaching and mentoring team members in client and self-development expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist partners and managers in consulting with closely held business and individual clients on financial and tax planning matters.
· Prepare tax returns, including consolidated or multi-state business returns, complex pass-through entities, and complex individuals.
· Identify and research all aspects of estate and trust engagements, including planning, research, compliance and reporting.
· Reading through trust agreements and wills to determine appropriate filings and estate structure.
· Complete monthly and quarterly accounting projects at client locations
· Demonstrate an interest in practice development.
· Advises and coaches team members and sets example by demonstrating high energy level and enthusiasm.
· Actively supports new initiatives.
· Identify opportunities to improve assignment profitability and efficiency.
· Pursues self-development opportunities.
· Work as an effective team member to complete project components and assigned tasks.
· Must be able to manage own work schedule.
· Actively work to build networking, marketing and business development skills.
· 3+ years of current Public Accounting Experience
· Experience preparing Form 1041 Fiduciary Income tax returns.
· Experience preparing Form 709 Gift Tax returns.
· Experience preparing Form 706 Estate Tax returns.
· Experience preparing Deceased Taxpayer Income Tax returns.
· BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
· CPA Certification; or eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
· Proficiency with tax software, MS Office, and working knowledge of QuickBooks.
· Strong client rapport and project management skills
· Strong technical knowledge and skills
· Strong problem-solving capabilities.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Organization – Managing your own schedule.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to focus on complex financial information.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
· CPA, in progress or soon to be in progress.