The Boston Convention Marketing Center (BCMC) is the team responsible for booking events into Boston’s two convention centers, the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) and the Hynes Convention Center (Hynes), and The Lawn On D. Our team is responsible for generating $850 million annually in economic impact to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
BCMC is seeking a motivated and experienced Budget & Operations Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director, this team member will manage and administer our budget process, perform monthly reporting, and support various finance-related functions. In addition, this person will work to support the BCMC’s daily business operations, including contract addendums, competitive research, data analytics, recruiting support, and other special projects.
The ideal candidate is detail and process-oriented and possess excellent problem-solving and communications skills. To be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality in handing sensitive information.
- Oversight of department budget processes:
- Budget coordination and reconciliation between BCMC, MCCA, and Meet Boston, ensuring accurate record keeping.
- Create monthly budget reports.
- Compensation coordination.
- Manage contract addendums for both long-term and short-term events.
- Work closely with sales managers to meet client needs.
- Ensure addendums adhere to an established template.
- Support recruiting efforts for job openings at all levels.
- Work with managers to understand job requirements, manage job postings, conduct preliminary review of resumes, and assist with onboarding of new hires.
- Conduct competitive analysis.
- Provide data analytics support.
- Scout sources of data for lead generation.
- Assist the Executive Director with special projects.
- 5 years of finance and operations experience, preferably within a Sales/Marketing organization.
- Experience in the Travel/Tourism industry (hospitality/conventions/large scale meetings and events) desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with CRM systems such as Momentus, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.
- Technically proficient with an eagerness to learn new platforms.
- Self-starter and solutions-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to interact with various levels of the organization.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Customer service focused, with a positive attitude.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental plans, 401(k), vacation, PTO and sick time, company-paid life and disability coverage, flexible work arrangements, and an exciting, collegial work environment.
The BCMC is currently offering a hybrid work schedule with work-from-home Fridays.
BCMC is a joint effort of Meet Boston and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) to market and sell the BCEC, the Hynes, and The Lawn On D and serves as the single point of contact for event requirement submissions, hotel room blocks, facility contracts, and site visits. Employment is with Meet Boston.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects this commitment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing specific qualifications for the position and salary expectations as well as a resume.