$400/week. Free housing! Free meals! Unforgettable summer!
A summer staff position in A/V Conference Services at Ridgecrest is an opportunity to learn skills in many different areas, such as:
- Setup, maintenance, and cleaning of guest meeting spaces around Ridgecrest’s campus. This includes moving tables, chairs, TVs, and sound equipment. This is the primary role of a Summer Staffer in our A/V Conference Services department.
- Operating state of the art audio and lighting equipment for the seven auditoriums on our campus. This portion of the job is primarily done by those who’ve undergone specialized training in this area. If you are already skilled in this area, let us know!
The hours of work will vary due to the nature of our business. This team walks for long periods of time (we average 12,000 steps/day) and moves a lot of tables and chairs. There will be days of long hours and long weekends but there will, of course, be lots of fun. You will need a good sense of humor and be ready for a fulfilling summer with a great team!
- A genuine desire to make a huge impact for God’s glory
- Previous experience with running live sound and lighting is preferred but not required
- Ability to organize the storage of all audio gear across campus in AV closet locations
- Ability to help carry out maintenance on designated audio and lighting systems, applications, and equipment
- Ability to move and set up tables and chairs in configurations that will meet guest needs (requires strength and stamina)
- Ability to keep classrooms and floors clean
- Ability to understand detailed instructions on conference space set-up with an eye for detail
- Be flexible, hardworking, and willing to serve coworkers and guests
- A willingness to grow personally, and professionally in a fast-paced Christian environment
- Problem solving skills
Our Summer Staff are a dynamic team who have a genuine desire to come alongside Ridgecrest in our mission of Impacting Lives for God’s Glory. Summer Staff have the incredible opportunity to interact with and serve guests from all over the world from May-August. Our prayer is that our program is a life-changing experience. We want Summer Staff to experience God and encourage them as they grow in their relationship with Him, equip them with skills they will carry with them for years to come, and build a strong community among our team where they will meet lifelong friends. Here are a few things you will get to be a part of:
- Weekly discipleship programs (Chapel, Community Group, Service Projects, etc.)
- Planned events on campus (Sporting Events, All-Team Hangouts, Picnics, etc.)
- Serving in a behind-the-scenes role around Ridgecrest
Staffers must have an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus, have great communication skills, and be self-motivated. There will be long/busy days and staffers should be prepared to work hard both mentally and physically. We offer an opportunity for those in the program to learn and develop skills that are useful in everyday life. Through training and hands-on experience, you have the opportunity to learn about leadership and the responsibilities that come with it.