Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan! Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail.
We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach. We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
The Program Manager role will lead a large, transformational program focused on re-platforming the Petplan operational systems. The ideal candidate will be a charismatic leader of people – able to motivate as well as manage up and down. This candidate will be a roll-up-your-sleeves Program Manager who is eager to join a collaborative environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Managing through a team of project management professionals to lead daily execution of a large transformational program. Be hands-on and engaged in the details of each workstream.
• Build productive working relationships between the business and IT teams in order to ensure successful business outcomes from program delivery.
• Monitor the quality of delivery by vendors, including systems integrators, accelerators and software manufacturers.
• Monitor the progress of program execution measuring actual delivery against clear, quantifiable milestones and KPI’s.
• Provide clear concise statuses for all levels of the organization – including risk/issue escalation.
• Manage financials for the program, including multi-year projections and ROI.
• Exceptional executive communication skills – able to address all levels of the organization including the C-Suite and members of the board. Able to create/deliver audience appropriate presentations and be persuasive.
• Expert mastery of project and program management – including various delivery methodologies.
• Experience setting up a program management office.
• Experience leading a wide array of IT initiatives – including app dev, digital, infrastructure, data, migration and system integration.
• Capable of having strategic conversations at the executive level and tactical discussions across teams to ensure a proper vision and our ability to execute remain in lock step
• Experience articulating and executing a comprehensive vendor management strategy – including vendor selection, agreement negotiation and renewal management. Able to work w/ account executives and leadership w/in the vendor organization in order to ensure Petplan’s work is delivered on time, w/in budget and w/ agreed quality.
• Experience leading RFI/RFP processes including:
-Drafting RFI/RFP requests for consumption by vendors
-Scoring RFI/RFP responses provided by vendors
-Leading vendor vetting and vendor negotiation processes
• Expert level mastery of portfolio finances including forecasting and accounting principles germane to IT.
• Superior organizational skills – able to keep multiple balls in the air and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the program, including details of individual workstreams. Able to multi-task effectively.
• Committed to building a culture of transparency and accountability.
• A passion for technology and delivering outstanding business solutions that ‘wow’
• Able to make effective decisions under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
Ideal experience and educational background:
• 10+ years of progressive technology leadership experience in Project Management, Program Management, PMO, IT Director/VP+, etc. Hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
• 5+ years leading large, highly complex technical programs w/ significant scope (4+ workstreams), budget (>$10mm/yr) and a large pool of resources (25+). Must have experience leading multiple programs from initiation thru completion.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited institution. Masters’ degree preferred.
Additional desirable qualifications:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or similar designations preferred
• Experience managing digital transformations
• Experience leading Salesforce implementations
• Experience leading insurance operations platform implementations
• Direct experience in the property & casualty industry w/in the last 5 years
• Experience configuring and implementing enterprise applications
This position is a contract / temporary role with an anticipated duration of 12 to 18 months. Most work will be performed at the Newtown headquarters, with additional travel to NYC up to one day/week. At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.