Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) is the nation’s largest trails organization—with a grassroots community more than 1 million strong—dedicated to building a nation connected by trails, reimagining public spaces to create safe ways for everyone to walk, bike and be active outdoors. Founded in 1986, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's national office is located in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in California, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.railstotrails.org. Connect with RTC @railstotrails on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Email Campaigns Associate helps execute Rails-to-Trails Conservancy’s strategic membership and marketing plans to ensure member engagement and growth of the program. They are responsible for assisting in the production of email campaigns, including drafting and formatting and encoding messages, landing pages and other campaigns assets.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can work collaboratively with other staff to create and test strategies to generate effective campaigns. This position reports to the Director of Membership Marketing and Communications and works with the development, communications and policy teams and across multiple programs.
This position is primarily responsible for email production for fundraising and advocacy campaigns using the Blackbaud Luminate platform, including drafting and formatting messages, form creation, group and list management, and reporting and analysis. Additional duties include the following:
- Assisting in managing the organizational messaging calendar communicating tasks and assignments across departments and ensuring timely delivery.
- Analyzing campaign data and generating reports to measure the effectiveness of mail campaigns and recommendations for continual improvement.
- Providing quality assurance testing for digital team content. Conducting A/B tests to optimize email performance, including open rates, click-through rates and conversions.
- Staying current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy organizations to enhance our email strategies
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- A minimum of 3-5 years of digital/email campaigns communications experience
- Strong fluency with HTML and CSS coding
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online Platform—Email, Donation, Pagebuilder, Survey and Constituent 360 modules—or other digital marketing or eCRM platform
- Ability to run data queries to target appropriate audiences
- Analytical mindset to interpret campaign metrics, analytics, A/B testing, and make data-driven decisions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated quality assurance skills including meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills—ability to manage priorities, learn quickly and multi-task in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage concurrent short-term and long-term deadlines
- A strong commitment to the mission of Rails-to-Trails Conservancy to advance trail networks across the country
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals
- Normal office setting with low to moderate noise level.
Employer’s Right: RTC reserves the right to revise, change, or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC’s business needs. This job description is not an implied contract.
Commitment to Diversity
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy seeks diverse, passionate, and qualified individuals who want to make a difference in the world. RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.