Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) seeks a full-time Art Teacher (K-2). Teachers are expected to demonstrate high moral character and have mastery of the subject(s) they teach. They will work collaboratively to create a working and learning environment for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful. Teachers are salaried, exempt positions with base standard hours of 7:25 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. daily. This position is for the 2023-2024 school year and will start immediately.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of the NCA art curriculum
- Guiding students to enjoy, appreciate, and interpret art in his/her daily life
- Encouraging and assisting students to acquire skills in art through a series of sequential experiences
- Encouraging students to develop their own creativity by providing opportunities for creativity
- Encouraging and promoting the coordination of art with other subject areas in the curriculum
- Determining the materials to be used in instruction and planning the best methods for presenting them
- Assisting in planning, preparing, and presenting programs, field trips, and festivals for the school
- Evaluating student performance in art
- Assisting the Head of School and Director of Fine Arts in inventorying, organizing, ordering, and caring for art materials and equipment
- Maintaining students’ grades
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from fully accredited college required
- Valid teaching certification in Georgia is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in classical education is preferred, but not required
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”