Reporting to the Brand Manager (Editorial), the Brand Coordinator will play a key role in driving revenue for Skybound Editorial (including comics, graphic novels, books and related product) in the Direct Market (comic and hobby shops).
The Brand Coordinator will be responsible for supporting marketing and sales strategies around new projects, drafting copy for key Marketing executions and further developing Skybound’s presence within the Direct Market through live events and book tours.
Reports: This position will report to the Brand Manager, Editorial
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support day to day execution of Marketing & Sales strategy for Editorial launches.
- Primary point of contact at Skybound for Direct Market retailers on multiple social media platforms, through newsletter and other regular communications.
- Responsible for data integrity with distribution & publishing partners around frontlist and backlist releases.
- Responsible for data integrity in regards to Editorial product within the Skybound ecosystem.
- Responsible for the development and execution of promotional items for the Direct Market.
- Partner with Editorial on Retailer Exclusive Variant cover program execution and logistics.
- Lead day to day execution of Live Events strategy for Direct Market, including book tours and B2B events, for Editorial projects.
- Draft copy for Direct Market Advertising and Retailer Communications for Editorial products.
- 1-2 years of experience in comic book marketing, communications, sales and/or retail is preferred.
- Candidate must have knowledge of comic industry trends, especially in the direct market and collectors' space.
- Candidate must have experience and demonstrated success with live events.
- Strong strategic thinker, able to articulate goals and present collaborative solutions to achieve them both in verbal and written formats.
- A self-starter who can work independently in a fast pace, multi-project, and process-oriented environment by balancing time on competing priorities.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Salary Range: $24-26.44/hour, eligible for overtime
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.