Itential is looking for a Business Development Representative Co-Op or Intern to join our world-class revenue team focused creating demand using an innovative tech stack to engage with customers where they are in their buying journey. You serve as an information broker and resource without immediately resorting to stale sales pitches.
The outbound prospecting strategy in enterprise software sales is broken. Customers no longer want to be pitched via cold call or e-mail. The modern buyer does more than two-thirds of their research before engaging with a sales rep and makes conclusions about the market offerings without ever speaking to many of the vendors with relevant solutions.
We need you to create a better experience for our potential customers as they navigate their own buyer’s journey, using intent data to give them the information they need when they need it. We want you to support and develop their journey, serving as an information broker and resource without immediately resorting to stale sales pitches.
The lead development representative is responsible creating demand using an innovative tech stack to engage with customers where they are in their buying journey, helping them further develop their understanding of how network automation and orchestration can solve their business challenges. You’ll focus on expanding the buying team, so the customer’s entire team benefits from the knowledge, and once they see the value of what network automation can deliver to them, you’ll help connect them to the sales team.
- Follow up on Marketing-generated leads with creative content paths designed to ensure engagement through the buying journey.
- Assemble and engage with buying groups across targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Marketing in executing various account-based campaigns.
- Invite and drive attendance to company events, webinars, and trade shows.
- Understand how Itential’s solutions address various customer pain points.
- Research, identify, and prioritize target accounts for prospecting activities, building prospecting contact lists, and org/account mappings.
- Utilize and leverage internal and external technology to identify, develop, and manage accounts effectively.
- Response time in chat, inbound lead inquiries, etc.
- Conversion of sales-ready accounts to opportunities and connecting them with the sales team.
- Process adherence.
- An ambitious, creative, goal-oriented, and customer-focused mindset.
- A basic understanding of network technologies and SaaS offerings.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to build meaningful business relationships with Itential customers, prospects, and internal colleagues.
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Humble confidence and the ability to differentiate Itential to customers.