Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Product Manager, Whisker App (user-facing app & backend cloud) will be responsible for strategic planning, requirements definition, and new product development for the Whisker Mobile App - and the resulting coordination and impact on the backend/cloud. The Whisker App currently has ~ 800,000 users and 40M+ monthly readings on real-time health information. The Senior Product Manager will own the vision for Whisker’s digital experiences, defining new digital features and integrations, as well as the required functionality for any new Whisker robots.
You must have a cat, have had a cat, or be willing to get a cat! We’re a pet company with a focus right now on cats and the true understanding of our consumers is key. The Senior Product Manager will own the product roadmap for over 1M pet parents, and it's important you have a deep appreciation for their needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Works with other Product Managers, the Senior Director of Software, Software Program Managers, Marketing, and the User Experience team to create and manage a consumer-focused roadmap for the Whisker Mobile App - making strategic adjustments as needed based on consumer needs, market research, resource availability, and corporate priority
- Works alongside software developers, architects, data scientists, program managers, user experience designers, user researchers and quality assurance testers to envision and define exciting and valuable digital experiences that will exceed consumers’ expectations and achieve Whisker’s business objectives
- Leverages knowledge of the nuances of software engineering to lead, inspire, and challenge the engineering team to realize your product vision
- Defines, documents, and communicates product and business requirements to relevant stakeholders for new product initiatives in a way that the team can clearly understand and act upon
- Identifies new use cases and improvements for existing products, products in development, and next generation products and works with engineering and advanced development to achieve that vision
- Represents the voice-of-the-customer in agile scrum team meetings, including:
- Daily Stand-Ups
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint and Program Increments Planning Sessions
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Backlog Refinement & Grooming Sessions
- Product Demonstrations
- Analyzes and uses data to back up assumptions and develops business cases for new features and product improvements
- Communicates, earns trust, and influences stakeholders across the organization
- Works backward from customer and stakeholder needs to identify opportunities
- Stays up to date on customer feedback, the competitive landscape, pet industry trends, and connected home products
- Will perform additional duties as required
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS in applicable field
- 6+ years of cumulative experience across roles like product management, product owner, program management, UX design, CX, product marketing, business development, e-commerce, or technology leadership
- 4+ years of product management experience, ideally 2+ years in a mobile environment
- 1+ years of experience in IoT and/or embedded software and/or other smart home solutions
- Familiarity with and affinity for agile development, collaboration and test-and-learn environments
- Ability to effectively understand data, analyze results, draw insights and conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions in an atmosphere of fact-based decision-making
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
- Comfortable with office pets (cats, dogs)
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- MBA or Master’s Degree in an applicable field
- Experience in social networks and mobile applications
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here represent those that a Team Member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use their hands to handle or feel. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.