Whisker, formerly known as AutoPets, is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Product Manager, Litter-Robot will be responsible for strategic planning, requirements definition, new product development, and sustaining our successful and growing product line of Litter-Robots.
You must have a cat, have had a cat, or be willing to get a cat! We’re a pet company with a focus right now on cats and the true understanding of our consumers is key. The Senior Product Manager will own the product roadmap for over 1M pet parents, and it's important you have a deep appreciation for their needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Product Manager will oversee and manage the $XXXM Litter-Robot product line - responsible for product strategy and requirements definition, as well as playing an active role alongside the Program Manager and Engineering Leads in the iterative engineering product development process, making tradeoff decisions, guiding priorities, managing risk, removing roadblocks, and clarifying scope. The Senior Product Manager will also lead the Go-To-Market planning alongside partners in the Marketing and Customer Experience teams. Litter-Robot products include mechanical, electrical, and software elements, so this Product Manager should understand the full engineering stack and product development lifecycle to best align with each team, seeing through this new product from ideation to launch. The Senior Product Manager will report directly to our Head of Product and will be a crucial part of Whisker’s new and growing Product Organization.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Oversees the development of the Litter-Robot product line and continued product innovations on this platform from ideation through launch
- Leverages their knowledge of the nuances of each engineering discipline to lead, inspire, and challenge the engineering team to realize your product vision
- Defines, documents, and communicates product and business requirements to relevant stakeholders for new product initiatives in a way that the team can clearly understand and act upon
- Identifies new use cases and improvements for existing products, products in development, and next generation products and works with engineering and advanced development to achieve that vision
- Drives strategic decisions, documenting and communicating proposals and plans to ensure alignment across the organization
- Collaborates with the Whisker App Product Managers to create a feature-rich and cohesive product experience across the physical and digital portions of the product, and ultimately validating the user experience and satisfaction for the complete product experience
- Manages cross-department and cross-functional activities related to the Litter-Robot product lines
- Analyzes and uses data to back up assumptions and develops business cases for new features and product improvements
- Communicates, earns trust, and influences stakeholders across the organization
- Works backward from customer and stakeholder needs to identify opportunities
- Stays up to date on customer feedback, the competitive landscape, pet industry trends, and connected home products
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- BS in Engineering
- 6+ years cumulative experience across roles like product management, program management, product marketing, business development, or technology leadership
- 4+ years of product management experience with consumer appliances and/or consumer electronics
- 1+ years of experience in IoT and/or embedded software and/or other smart home solutions
- Proven successful record with managing consumer-facing hardware and software products from ideation through launch
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences
- Experience writing clear and concise product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions
- Excellent customer experience intuition
- Bias towards action
- Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
- Comfortable with office pets (cats, dogs)
Not Required but Nice to Have!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here represent those that a Team Member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use their hands to handle or feel. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.