Job Title: Lab Technician l - ll
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 7pm - 3pm
Company Overview: Biomerics is a world-class manufacturer and innovative polymer solutions provider for the medical device and biotech industries. As a vertically integrated company, we specialize in the design, development, and production of medical devices for diagnostic and interventional procedures. We are focused on next-generation solutions for vascular access, electrophysiology, cardiac rhythm management, neurovascular, structural heart, and cardiovascular markets.
At Biomerics, we are dedicated to our diverse employee base. We understand that a strong, skilled, and engaged workforce is the foundation of our continued success as a business. We strive to live up to the Biomerics values in all our interactions. It is an exciting time to be part of our collective team. There is no limit to the impact that can be achieved here at Biomerics. We improve and advance our employees' lives and the lives of the patients that depend on our products.
At Biomerics, we believe in integrity, partnership, empowerment & accountability, trust, agility, teamwork, and excellence, and we care. Our team-oriented, customer-focused corporate culture places a premium on building strategic, mutually beneficial partnerships with customers as well as our team members.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Routine analytical testing of polymers and related materials.
- Cleaning and maintenance of glassware and related lab equipment.
- Ordering and stocking lab supplies.
- Execution of chemical synthesis operations and other experiments as part of a project team.
- Work is documented in lab books, daily logs, and batch records.
- Data analysis and performance of quality control testing.
- Performs work under general supervision.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of the subject matter.
- Detail-oriented and able to follow written protocols with exactness.
- Has experience with general wet lab chemistry techniques.
- Able to read and write fluently in English.
- Has basic computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the subordinate group.
- Lab Technician I typically requires an associate or bachelor’s degree, plus some wet lab experience, such as in school, or a high school diploma, plus at least one year of damp lab experience outside of school.
- Lab Technician II typically requires an associate degree and 2 to 4 years of wet lab experience; or baa bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related field, plus at least one year of damp lab experience outside of school.
- Experience with one or more techniques is a plus: GPC/SEC, GC-FID, titration, Brookfield viscometry, FTIR, DSC, and HPLC.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays, 401k with match.
Please, No Recruitment Agency calls or emails (we are not using recruitment services for this, or any other role posted)