Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources/ HR Manager
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist functions in a highly responsible and visible position, supporting ICP’s human resources onboarding, recruiting, and payroll functions. This position ensures payroll is processed correctly, efficiently, and on time, handles confidential information, and frequently interacts with staff, faculty, and vendors, and must be able to work independently and function in a highly reliable, organized, and detail-oriented manner, with enthusiasm and a commitment, to provide excellent customer service.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Facilitate and implement all phases of the recruitment process to ensure the effectiveness of recruiting efforts and a positive candidate experience.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post all jobs.
- Meet regularly with hiring managers to review candidates and adjust the search process.
- Coordinate all active talent sourcing through various channels, such as job boards and social media.
- Assist in screening applications and selecting qualified candidates as requested by hiring managers.
- Schedule interviews; oversee the preparation of interview questions, interview evaluations, and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assist with integration into ICP’s culture, processes, and procedures.
- Initiate and coordinate on-boarding for new hires and rehires including welcome e-mail, notice of benefits orientation, and other new hire enrollments.
- Coordinate and verify completion of on-boarding tasks for all new hires via Paylocity.
- Review completion of tax withholding
- Verify direct deposit set-up
- Verify completion of Anti-Harassment training, handbook acknowledgement
- Completes form I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Perform help desk related tasks for all Paylocity modules including, On-boarding, Recruiting, Time and Labor, and general Paylocity user access
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for up to 200 exempt, non-exempt and faculty employees using Paylocity; to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Administer the automated payroll request submission process and process all payment requests in a timely manner.
- Route New Hire, Rehire, and Change of Status forms for approval signatures using Adobe Sign
- Input all bi-weekly payroll earnings for Faculty, Guest Speakers, and/or Miscellaneous payments
- Organize all payroll requests, by pay group, in preparation for payroll processing
- Administer time keeping system and PTO (Paid Time Off) for all employees ensuring proper setup and an appropriate approval process.
- Review time cards on a weekly basis for missing punches, approvals, and labor allocations and coordinate with Payroll managers to ensure proper processing
- Respond to employee questions concerning paycheck, deductions, and PTO/holiday time and other administratively related questions
- Review pending time off requests and remind payroll managers to approve
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll reports and route for review
- Prepare and process bi-weekly TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity) submissions and reports.
- Maintain confidential personnel files – both hard copy and computerized
- Respond to all requests for employment verification with 48 hours (about 2 days) of receipt
- Assist with special meetings -- reserve appropriate space, ensure set-up is complete, distribute handouts, arrange for and test AV, take notes, and obtain refreshments
- Other responsibilities as assigned
ICP is committed to equal-opportunity employment. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are values that are integral to offering an open forum for dialogue around photography and visual culture that is open to all. Through this lens, we hope to engage, educate, and inspire our visitors, students, and community at large. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application.
- BA/BS or equivalent
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Minimum one year's experience working in an office environment, preferable in Human Resources and or Payroll related functions
- Customer service experience (cultural organization, retail, etc.) preferred
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Has strong proficiency with HR or Payroll systems including knowledge of payroll systems, tax set-up, and proper work authorization.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet-based research, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal. Must have strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem solve.
- Able to work in a sensitive environment where confidentiality is essential
- Able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
- Solid administrative skills, including proofreading, data entry, filing, bookkeeping, etc.
- Should possess high energy and creative problem-solving skills
- Should enjoy working both independently and as a team member
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality and a high level of productivity in shared quarters.
- Communicate and exchange information with employees and vendors.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment such as copiers, printers, and shredders.
- Remain in a stationary position and, at times to move throughout the office to access file cabinets, and office equipment.
- Handle, control and retrieve and file paperwork and files.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to receive periodic emails from ICP regarding it programs, and exhibitions.