Nexus employees earn 4 weeks’ vacation per year, and our benefits start on day 1!
Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Location: Hybrid/ Lincolnshire, IL
Nexus Pharmaceuticals, a US-based healthcare company, specializes in innovative processes to make difficult-to-manufacture specialty and generic drugs that are easier to use, less labor intensive, and more streamlined in practice. Nexus ensures that its high- quality FDA-approved drugs fulfill a critical unmet medical need and delivers dependable life-saving treatment options when and where they’re needed most.
Nexus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist, reporting to Director, Pipeline Product and Portfolio Management. This position will be accountable for planning and delivering API sources for new pipeline products as well as certain portfolio initiatives. The role will build and maintain successful supplier relationships to promote long term business success.
- Establish API source(s) for identified and potential new products (provide screening support through development)
- Support pipeline budget processes, new product evaluations and budget tracking
- Collaborate with business development team on providing API projections
- Support life cycle management of products
- Identify best balance of cost, quality and delivery
- Obtain required documentation essential for evaluation
- Initiate sample testing and DMF assessment to confirm vendor qualifications
- Responsible for requisitions and initial purchase orders for development API
- Function as a main contact between API supplier and the organization during product development phase
- Build successful relationships with key suppliers to promote long term business success
- Initiate commercial discussion and activities for identified sources about areas such as pricing, lead time, volume commitments, payment terms, communication processes, etc.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge and understanding of suppliers and capabilities
- Support Procurement team in researching invoices and receiving discrepancies
- Support the importation of goods as needed
- Analyze trends in the marketplace and FDA guidance to establish strategies for product development and API sourcing
- Make recommendations to R&D and Commercial teams based on supply risk assessment for products
- Partner with, support and collaborate with multiple business functions (including, but not limited to: Business Development, R&D, Regulatory, Site Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management)
- Conduct supplier relationship management analysis to ensure performance and accountability are tracked/improved
Skills and Abilities:
- Product and/or Project Management experience
- Ability to create presentations and build business cases to stakeholders within the organization
- Experience in planning/purchasing or related field a plus
- Knowledge of supplier negotiations and supplier management activities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks based on project development deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally with team members and shift project priorities if needed
- Strong problem-solving/conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal); able to clearly articulate opinions in concise and persuasive manner
Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s plus 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Pharmaceutical, Life Science, Biotech and/or similar regulated industry experience,
- Generic injectable market experience a plus but not required
- 5-10% travel required for this role
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and talking on the phone
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to navigate various departments of the organization’s physical premises
DISCLAIMER: The list under Role Responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate lists for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change.
EEOC Statement: Nexus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Nexus participates in E-Verify.