The purpose of this position is to serve as a driver’s supervisor and primary link to Hill Bros., while working with drivers to maximize their performance and customer satisfaction.
Scope: The following are the types of activities this position may perform:
• Actively communicate with drivers regarding customer and company information.
• Communicate and coordinate with other members of the Hill Bros team.
• Assist in solving business related problems or clarifying information for the drivers.
• Researching solutions and follow through to help resolve problems.
• Scheduling drivers for such events as maintenance, home time, company events
• Running reports related to driver and fleet KPI’s.
• Ensure that each driver has an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectations on each load at the point of dispatch and/or preplanning
• To be “of service” and serve as the sole communications link to driver, including, but not limited to, load information, advances, payroll issues, home time requests, maintenance coordination, performance counseling (KPI’s), and dissemination of general company news and information.
• Document communication with the drivers using the appropriate method for the interaction.
• Coordinate and communicate with Load Planners to maximize driver productivity daily.
• Ensure assigned full fleet of tractors and drivers are effective managed for optimum performance in the following categories:
o On-time pick-up and delivery performance (communicate delays/issues in a timely fashion to appropriate CSR)
o Fuel and route solutions (limit out of route miles to less than 10% of PC miles)
o Hours of service compliance
o Driver availability (accurate ETA/PTA’s)
o Cost control (accessorial audits)
o Meet or exceed weekly KPI goals for the following: line haul revenue per truck, miles per truck, dead head percent, MPG’s, idle percent, on-time service percent, missing paperwork, turnover percent, overdue PM’s, safety compliance
• Daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers
• Other duties as assigned by assigned managers
• Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours.
• Comply with company policy and procedures
• Able to remain calm during stressful situations and conversations.
• Manage priorities related to driver needs, customer expectations, and company goals.
• Have an attitude “of service” when working with drivers and co-workers.
• Able to absorb information and make decisions that best benefit the driver, customer and company.
• Have the emotional intelligence to create relationships with drivers to build trust with the company.
• Think and act proactively in areas related to planning, scheduling, and preventing.
Strong professional oral and written communication skills, strong organizational ability, detail oriented, ability to remain calm under pressure, handle multiple and varied tasks, basic typing, strong influence and negotiating skills.
Education, certification, and experience requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or five years’ experience in fleet management