We are looking for Civic/Justice/Public Safety Project Manager on the pathway to be a Principal or a Principal to lead groundbreaking projects, impact communities and clients with their work and steer innovation and business development.
We are a award-winning, talented group of 65 designers and architects who are deeply rooted in our communities. Whether designing for Healthcare, Education, Workspace, Science & Technology, Civic/Justice/Public Safety, or Senior Living.
Our team is passionate about creating innovative, highly effective community-based environments through collaborative planning and design with all stakeholders. As a key part of our practice we are focused on designing state-of-the-art public safety design for police, fire, EMS, and 911 facilities incorporating best practices in public safety. We believe in developing deep relationships with our clients to transform their mission and vision into exceptional projects.
Do you want to join a team that is looking to embrace and strive to enrich and empower the communities we serve?
What’s in it for you:
• Helping shape the civic/justice/public safety studio
• Being part of awesome civic/justice/public safety projects
• Having flexibility and autonomy to do your best work
• Getting support from other leaders within the firm and outside the firm
• Learning and development opportunities internally and externally
· Designing your own path with our support and sponsorship
What you will do:
• Acting as Project Manager or Principal-in-Charge on Civic/Justice/Public Safety projects including Police, Fire, DPW, Town Halls, Library, Community Centers, and other Civic/Municipal facilities
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully lead and manage multiple on-going projects
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in one or more of the following core Civic/Justice/Public Safety Studio practice areas: Police, Fire, Combined Public Safety facilities, 911/Distpatch/EMS, Justice, Town Halls, and Libraries
• Have the primary leadership responsibility in managing both the client relationship (in collaboration with the Civic/Justice/Public Safety Studio Leader) and project success, as measured in client satisfaction, work quality, and fostering team professionalism and collaboration, and project profitability
• Be responsible for managing all phases of projects including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, construction documents and construction administration services
• In collaboration with the Civic/Justice/Public Safety Studio Leader, prepare and negotiate client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts
• Initiate, document, and maintain project set-up, including contract review, project process and filing procedures, work authorizations, assisting accounting in timely distribution of invoice
• Oversee the day-to-day communication between the client and the project team, ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services
• Oversee the scheduling and documentation of regular project related meetings including client, internal team and consultant meetings
• Participate in defining, monitoring, and maintaining control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work
• Oversee the integration of design and technical aspects of the project and for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team and in alignment with the project team’s goals
• Oversee and Coordinate project staffing resources
• Oversee and coordinate with the Director of Finance for timely collections and management of delinquent accounts receivables
• Help manage risk by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability
• Oversee the orderly close out of projects including contractual requirements
• Develop and maintain successful client relationships in collaboration with the Studio Leader to foster repeat business
• Mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight
• Be an active participant in Civic/Justice/Public Safety Studio business development including, but not limited to: participation in regular business development meetings and follow up on assigned activities, lead individual pursuits and participate in developing responses to RFQ/P’s, attendance at select conferences and business development events, technical writing for marketing and business development purposes, leveraging, maintaining, and developing your professional network of contacts
• Maintain and further develop your professional goals and thought leadership in alignment with the long term vision of the firm
What makes for a great add:
· You're inspired by our mission.
· You believe in our values
· You’re passionate about civic architecture, leading teams and take pride in fulfilling both client and project obligations to contribute to the broader success of the firm
· You’re have a professional degree in Architecture (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
· You have a minimum of 10 yrs. experience in Civic/Justice/Public Safety
· You have an active MA MCPPO certification
· You’re a Licensed Architect and have MA DCAMM project experience Proven MA M.G.L Chapter 149 and 149a experience on Civic/Municipal and Educational Projects
· You have proven MA M.G.L Chapter 149 and 149a experience on Civic/Municipal and Educational Projects
· You have a successful track record in a similar role on applicable Civic/Municipal projects in the $5M to $50M+ range in New England
· You must be willing to travel to project locations as needed
Here at LBA, we’re committed to helping you design your career path, and sponsoring you each step of the way. We offer real team interaction, solid experiences, opportunities to innovate, learn, and serve.
If this sounds like a company you want to be part of, check our website (great opportunity to learn more about us) and send us your resume and your portfolio.