About us: Skybound Entertainment is a dynamic and innovative global entertainment company that is dedicated to creating cool sh*t. We take pride in our commitment to excellence and creativity across comic books, video games, film/television, audio/digital, tabletop games, merchandise, and more, and we are seeking a talented PR Account Coordinator to assist with the day-to-day support of our IP.
With over 150+ IP to our name, we’re looking for someone who can help develop and maintain processes to keep our robust communications calendar running smoothly. This includes managing a master calendar, reporting, and content coordination. You will be responsible for assisting in full lifecycle campaign creation and support as well as your own autonomous projects.
The right person will be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and be able to recognize priorities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to advance their career in entertainment Public Relations.
If you have a sense of humor, wit, attention to detail, a passion for public relations, and want to contribute to a business that enjoys breaking the rules, we'd love to hear from you.
Position Overview: As a Public Relations Coordinator at Skybound Entertainment, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the visibility and reputation of our diverse portfolio of consumer products. This role requires a proactive and adaptable individual with a strong background in PR, preferably in entertainment, comic books, video games, or related fields. The successful candidate will be responsible for independently and cross-functionally coordinating PR campaigns, crafting compelling press materials, and fostering strong relationships with internal teams and media contacts.
Reports: This position will report to the Head of Corporate Communications
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- PR Campaign Management: Assist in the planning and execution of PR campaigns, including new launches announcements, reviews, interviews, and feature placements.
- Reporting: Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting across all PR efforts, including video games, editorial, film/television, and tabletop.
- Media Relations: Cultivate and maintain a robust press network, effectively managing media relations and press / media lists.
- Press Material Creation: Write persuasive press materials, including press releases, pitches, creator bios, and more.
- Project Oversight: Manage communication and content requests, ensuring efficient coordination with internal and external partners.
- Collaborative Strategy: Work closely with Brand, Marketing, and Social teams, as well as creative talent, to develop communication strategies and go-to-market plans.
- Deadline Management: Ensure deadlines are met across multiple projects, with the ability to adapt tactics and plans as needed.
- Industry Monitoring: Stay informed about industry news and competitor activities to ensure our PR efforts remain relevant and timely.
- Bachelor's degree Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or relevant field.
- 2+ years of PR experience, either in-house or at an agency.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in entertainment PR.
- A familiarity with or passion for comics, video games, and/or film/television PR is a plus.
- Experience in independently leading campaigns or accounts.
- Direct media relations experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with PR-functional tools such as Muck Rack, Monday, and email marketing.
- A collaborative team player willing to contribute flexibly across various tasks.
- Strong decision-making ability, presentation skills, and creative thinking.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational/administrative skills.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to producing polished work.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to the Los Angeles area for events.
Job Type: Full Time | Remote OK, Los Angeles Preferred | Flexible WFH with hybrid office options (Beverly Hills, North Hollywood)
Salary Range: $21-$24/hour (Eligible for overtime)
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees.
- Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each role.
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.