TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and local mountains.
TreePeople’s Forestry Programs inspire, train, and support the residents of Southern California
as they implement community-based urban greening and mountain restoration activities to
grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure environment.
The Forestry Administrative Coordinator works directly with the Forestry Administration Associate
Manager to help administer, support and report on the various Community and Mountain
Forestry programs, their volunteer-based events, training and workshops; assists in record-
keeping of all activities and expenses to prepare accurate program reports, helps implementing
department-wide and project specific equipment and supplies purchases, and coordinates as
needed with other departments to support the organization’s efficiency and capacity to adapt
to Forestry Department’s needs.
- Assist the Forestry Administration Associate Manager in tracking and correctly reporting all expenses incurred by the Forestry department, to provide timely and accurate status reports for Program Managers and Directors.
- Help organize all record-keeping through established filing systems, maintaining classification and terminology consistent across the board.
- Help aggregate metrics for interim and final grant reports and generate comprehensive relevant data collection sheets, as needed.
- Gain an understanding of the general profile of each specific program and their associated contracts to help address billing issues and questions when needed.
- Assist the Forestry Administration Associate Manager with supplies and equipment purchases.
- Assist in organizing and preparing meeting agendas with staff, partners, funders and stakeholders, recording and distributing meeting notes as well as follow-up action items.
- Perform other administrative duties, as requested by the Administration Associate Manager.
- Assist staff as needed at events, workshops and trainings.
- Participate in TreePeople’s outreach efforts as needed.
- Represent TreePeople at meetings and other gatherings.
- 2 years experience minimum in administration and project management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Google Workspace, Asana or other project management software. Experience in Salesforce and ArcGIS is a plus.
- Comfortable with basic finances.
- Very detail-oriented and thorough and demonstrated history of accurately managing data.
- Sincere interest in the environment, the urban forest and the future of Southern California wilderness areas, the local ranges of mountains, their ecosystems and surrounding communities.
- Assist with tasks that require physical labor, including moving trees and loading and unloading heavy tools onto trucks, and the ability to hike off-trail on mountainsides.
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Available to work on weekends on occasion.