Refinery Operator – Fuel Upgrade System
The Operator is responsible for assisting the Refinery Manager/Supervisor with all production activities in accordance with safety and environmental requirements. The operator assists with monitoring process operations, meeting plant safety, production, and environmental goals, maintaining records, communicating key information between shifts, and maintaining current, thorough, and usable operating procedures
The position reports to the Refinery Manager/Supervisor of Brightmark Plastics Renewal in Ashley, Indiana
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and monitoring of the Fuel Upgrade System
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Operate, monitor, and control an automated continuous flow refinery
- Log hourly: flows, levels, temperatures, and pressures of flow of used oil through each process stage. Monitor built in safety devices such as high temperature limits, high- and low-pressure devices, overflow devices, level control devices, fire depression devices.
- Develops plans and job scopes for unit outages with maintenance and prepare equipment for maintenance.
- Initiate proper adjustments to flow and temperature controls to maintain safety and quality of oil being processed.
- Collecting samples for process monitoring and drawing samples for process laboratory testing
- Responsible for the quality of finished product being produced which includes sampling and making proper adjustments to stay within set parameters of finished product.
- Tank farm management (blending, tank monitoring)
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Communication of change in the plant to all key parties
- Participate in hazard reviews, project meetings
- Provide oversite of plant utility needs with respect to sampling, reporting, and operation (Cooling towers, Hydrogen Plant, and Hot oil system)
- Make changes to the operating process to maintain product quality
- Operate control room instrumentation systems
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
- Start-up / shut-down process equipment
- Peer review hot work and confined space permits as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor or team leader, including housekeeping practices.
- Certified in all production operator positions in both Liquid and Solids area.
- Ability to effectively lead individuals and teams through professional, respect and focus on high standards
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management is preferred
- Ability to impact and influence results with personal interaction, guidance, and coaching.
At least 5 years of refinery or chemical plant experience?
Good communication skills, oral, and written
Knowledge of process flows and controls
Ability to work flexible hours meaning swing shift, weekends, and holidays
Ability to lift, connect, and disconnect heavy hoses
Ability to climb stairs and ladders
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Brightmark Plastics Renewal of Ashley Indiana is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Brightmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.