Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Job Grade: 5
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The integration of office automation technology has been a progressive goal at the International Center of Photography over the past decade. The staff, students, and faculty heavily rely on IT systems and their infrastructure to perform functional tasks. The IT Systems Administrator will use their skills to support the team's daily functions at ICP School and Museum. They will provide support, updates, upgrades, and training tailored to the needs of the staff. This includes both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, and specific Line of Business applications running on Windows servers.
Essential Functions and Duties:
IT Help Desk
- Provide technical assistance and support to employees for hardware, software, and other IT-related issues.
- Track all work in a centralized ticket system and respond to tickets and inquiries promptly and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Maintain both Mac and PC workstations by ensuring systems and software are current.
- Assist staff with questions related to using IT systems and software.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate IT contractor when necessary.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software systems, including workstations and peripherals such as printers and scanners.
- Assist with the implementation of new technology systems and upgrades.
- Document technical procedures and solutions for future reference.
- Coordinate the provision and de-provisioning process for new hires and departures.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all IT equipment and software licenses.
- Setting up, installing, testing, and maintaining audio-visual equipment for events and meetings.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and providing solutions promptly.
- Collaborating with event planners and clients to ensure their technical needs are met.
- Operating and maintaining audio-visual equipment during events and meetings.
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment and ensuring it is properly stored and maintained.
- Keeping up to date with new audio-visual technologies and trends in the industry.
Assisting IT Consulting with the following:
- Maintain a staff assignment list and equipment inventory, including serial numbers, date in service, expense, maintenance contract dates for all computers and printers, etc.
- Responsible for updating operating systems, productivity software, and end-point security (antivirus.)
- Assist in, coordinate, and schedule training end-users on the various systems used throughout ICP.
- Assist with research, evaluation, and maintenance of current and emerging technologies and essential IT operations.
- Update and contribute to the IT knowledge base.
- Create and maintain end-user accounts (i.e., Office 365, Hybrid Active Directory, etc.).
- Assist with the management of Cisco Meraki equipment.
- Collaborate with Valiant on Windows & Mac deployment automation architecture, design/migration, and troubleshooting.
ICP is committed to equal-opportunity employment. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are values that are integral to offering an open forum for dialogue around photography and visual culture that is open to all. Through this lens, we hope to engage, educate, and inspire our visitors, students, and community at large. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application.
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology and Information Systems and/or equivalent experience
- Experience Qualifications:
- 1\-3 years IT administrator experience
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Knowledge of a student information system a plus.
- Knowledge or audio/video hardware and software a plus.
- Knowledge of Jamf a plus
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, or Certifications required:
- Microsoft 365, Group Policy, Active Directory, Entra ID, Office Suite for Windows & Mac
- Knowledge in Windows Server, Windows 10/11, and Mac OS X
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA ITF+, or equivalent a plus
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Working knowledge of Cisco Meraki equipment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization systems such as Hyper-V is a plus.
- Solid communication skills
- Commitment to providing superior customer service.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Operate, activate move, position, install, and remove computers, servers, printers, telephones, and other office equipment.
- Move throughout the space and position self under desks and in server room to access and maintain equipment.
- Move up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Communicate and exchange information.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- This position will require regular travel to ICP’s primary location, 79 Essex Street, and occasional travels to 888 Newark Avenue in Jersey City, NJ as directed by the supervisor.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and a 403(b) pension plan. (See benefit summary)
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The International Center of Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer.