WHO WE ARE
We believe that capital has the ability to transform communities for the better.
As an impact investor, Advantage’s mission is to bring businesses, resources and jobs to communities that have historically lacked access to investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for our investors, proving that conscious capitalism is possible. Since 1992, Advantage Capital has invested more than $3.8 billion in over 900 companies and projects, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. We’ve built a sterling track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs, thousands of units of housing, and millions of kwh of clean, renewable energy in underserved communities and industries.
Advantage Capital's Renewable Energy Team is our dedicated investment platform for renewable energy. Established in 2017, our team has three main areas of focus. Firstly, we manage our investment in Hoosier Solar, a solar project development company based in Indiana. Secondly, we underwrite and manage tax equity investments and credit transfer transactions for institutional clients. Thirdly, we invest in renewable energy projects located within Opportunity Zones.
Despite being a small and agile team, we are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities to create value in sectors affected by the energy transition, such as solar, energy storage and green hydrogen. Our goal is to creatively deploy capital to support renewable energy project developers and projects in this rapidly evolving industry. Join us as we work towards a sustainable energy future.
Let us invest in a better future together.
Our people love what we do. We fundamentally believe that capital can change lives and we go to great lengths to give our firm the opportunity to reach the hardest hit communities in the U.S. with much needed investment. For anyone considering joining our entrepreneurial high-performing firm, know that we value: a growth mindset (never fixed), a fast but enduring work pace (rarely slow), the ability to work autonomously (no micromanaging), getting things done (talk is cheap), an all-hands-on-deck culture (a true team), a love of hard-to-solve problems (that others won’t attempt), and the character to do the right thing (always).
Advantage Capital is seeking an Analyst to assist with financial analysis and forecasting. Other duties include:
- Evaluate potential equity and/or debt investments in operating companies in various industries, which provide a measurable impact alongside financial return.
- Meet with management and conduct on-site due diligence as part of the investment process. This entails travel across the United States a few days per month.
- Work on deal teams during the due diligence process, underwriting, and closing of various types of transactions including subordinated debt, senior debt, venture capital, growth equity.
- Prepare financial models and help craft and pitch investment presentations for internal committee approval.
- Work with senior deal team members in portfolio-company monitoring activities (i.e., quarterly reviews, board calls, follow-on investments).
- Be a point-of-contact for existing portfolio companies.
- Learn the program structures of New Market Tax Credits, Solar, Rural Jobs & Investments Act and other state and federal programs.
- Work with legislative and compliance team to capture investment impact and job data.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field (or estimated graduation date spring/summer 2024)
- 1 + years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Financial analysis and modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
PERKS AT ADVANTAGE CAPITAL
• Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
• Firm-wide retreats
• Service awards
• Company swag
• Holiday parties
• Gym membership
• Employee assistance program
• 401(k) with company match
• Employee stock program
• Training & development opportunities
• Paid personal & vacation time
• Paid parental leave
• Community service opportunities
• Paid parking
• Life insurance, disability, and long-term care
• HRA and HSA with annual company deposit