Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
• Communicate business requirements and articulate appropriate technology solutions to delivery teams
• Identify risks and problems proactively and develop preventative measures for these
• Provide direct coaching to project managers and business analysts while ensuring that all portfolio projects are delivered on-time within scope and budget
• Organize portfolio on an ongoing basis, to include regular prioritization of projects and capacity planning work sessions
• Oversee IT budget, to include leading annual business planning and budgeting process
• Manage the IT organization’s demand process and short-term road-maps with necessary team members by collaborating with internal and external business partners
• Provide strategic leadership for IT in a variety of areas, including but not limited to staffing, tool-sets, and effective use of capital
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of end-to-end project delivery experience within an IT organization
• 5+ years of management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired, but not required
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or similar designations preferred
• A passion for technology and delivering outstanding business solutions that “wow”
• Experience leading a wide array of IT initiatives, including app development, digital, infrastructure, data, migration and system
• Expert mastery of project and program management – including various delivery methodologies
• Experience with vendor management strategy
• Proficiency in dealing with executive stakeholders and managing an IT budget of $3M+
• Experience leading RFI/RFP processes from start to finish
• Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
• Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced environment
The position is full time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation, pet insurance and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.