Coordinates and places families and individuals in housing programs. Delivers comprehensive, intensive, short-term clinical based case management for adults living with severe mental illness experiencing chronic homelessness
- Serves as a resource for Center staff in the area of housing and homelessness.
- Provides short term intensive strengths based case management services to homeless persons living with severe and persistent mental illness
- Serves as a liaison with landlords and other programs/agencies to ensure good working relationships and customer service.
- Maintains an updated list of landlords. Assists client with locating affordable housing and provide other housing navigation support and services as needed.
- Assess, monitors, and follows up with client’s ability to meet basic housing needs, access appropriate community resources as needed to maintain their ability to remain in the community.
- Documents all contacts in accordance with Centennial Mental Health Center’s standards while meeting productivity standards as identified by the Program Manager.
- Participates in agency and program meetings.
- Participates in Evidence Based Practices and other agency initiatives including Trauma Informed Care as well as other best practices.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Service, Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- Must be able to complete certifications to access statewide and national systems (HMIS, PDX) and within 3 months of employment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with special populations along with maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Able to identify and nurture strengths and support client rights to make independent decisions
- Skill to serve culturally diverse populations that may have a bearing on service provision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize concerns and effectively manage time independently
- Ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of basic computer literacy such as e-mail communication and word processing
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may be required
- Ability to travel within the Center’s service area or to other locations as needed