Are you an experienced Science and Technology Principal or, a Senior Project Manager who is on the pathway to Principal? Do you seek a leadership opportunity as part of your career path? Do you have the passion and desire for the design of laboratory and high-tech research and manufacturing facilities? If so, then we are interested in learning more about you as we seek to find the right individual to become the next Science & Technology Studio Leader for Lavallee Brensinger Architects.
Why are we looking for this position? The simple answer - because this is part of our strategic plan. Through careful planning several years ago, we launched a Science and Technology practice group and since that time our work has matured, our team has grown, and our clients are consistently calling upon us for their projects. We are now at the point in our strategic plan, where the Studio Leader position is set for the next person to take the reins and lead onward!
As Studio Leader you would be part of an award-winning, talented group of 65+ designers and architects, who are deeply rooted in our communities. You would be one of six practice studios: 1) Science & Technology / Corporate, 2) Higher Education, 3) K-12, 4) Healthcare, 5) Civic, and 6) Senior Living.
Your role will allow you to be a direct part of your studio’s projects at various levels, ranging from close involvement with your team and clients, to high level project leadership. You will have a firsthand experience helping the studio grow through your direct and indirect leadership and involvement. Most importantly, with the support of the firm, you will have the opportunity to grow your personal career path in a lasting and rewarding position with the firm.
What’s in it for you:
· Work with a great studio team, who are passionate about their work.
· Directly contribute to a growing science and technology/corporate practice.
· Work on great projects with leading science and technology institutions and organizations.
· Flexibility and autonomy to do your best work.
· Support from other studio leaders and principals within the firm
· Learning and development opportunities internally and externally.
· Designing your own career path with our support and sponsorship.
· A member of the leadership team comprised of studio leaders and other key members.
· A long-term career development and leadership position with great rewards!
What you will do:
1. Studio Leadership:
· Participate and contribute to the Strategic Direction of the studio.
· Monitor and direct the execution of the studio strategic plan.
· Develop new client relationships and project opportunities through internal and external marketing and business development activities with support from Marketing, Business Development, and studio members.
· Lead / participate in proposal efforts and interviews.
· Manage overall studio finance and performance.
2. Project Leadership:
· Principal-in-Charge for Science & Technology/Corporate Studio Projects.
· Promote thought leadership, innovation, design, and project mission.
· Develop your area(s) of subject matter expertise (SME) of focus for the studio.
· Promote and build long-term client relationships through your direct project involvement.
· Ensure proper project staffing, client communications, and quality assurance.
· Monitor project financial and contractual performance.
3. People Leadership:
· Help define career paths for studio employees aligned with their interests and studio needs.
· Provide mentorship and support to studio employees.
· Participate in annual / periodic reviews for studio employees.
· Set and administer standards for service, quality, and behavior.
· Monitor employee morale and performance within the work of the studio.
· Communicate regularly and openly with your studio team and be accessible to each of them.
· Have fun and continue building a great team!
What makes for a great add:
· You’re motivated and looking for that once-in-a-career opportunity.
· You understand and embrace the role of this position.
· You have a strong willingness to learn new skills as necessary for the position.
· You’re inspired by our mission, and you believe in our values.
· You’re passionate about science and technology/corporate architecture, leading teams and taking pride in fulfilling both client and project obligations to contribute to the broader success of the firm.
· You’re have a professional degree in Architecture (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
· You have 10 years of proven experience with Science and Technology / Corporate projects.
· You’re a Licensed Architect in at least one state with ability to get reciprocity in others.
· You have no unreasonable restrictions and are willing to travel to project locations as needed.
· You are a doer and a difference maker.
Here at LBA, we’re committed to helping you design your career path, and sponsoring you each step of the way. We offer real team interaction, solid experiences, opportunities to innovate, learn, and serve.
If this sounds like a company you want to be part of, check our website (great opportunity to learn more about us) and send us your resume and your portfolio.