YMCA Camp Classen is located in Davis, OK on 2200 acres in the beautiful Arbuckle Mountains of southern Oklahoma. Just a little over an hour south of Oklahoma City and North of the DFW Metro Plex. And YES, Oklahoma has mountains (we have lakes and waterfalls too)
We are looking for individuals who love the outdoors, working with youth, are outgoing and energetic with a heart of a camping professional. Primarily working with 5th grade students throughout the state of Oklahoma and N.Texas, a typical day at Camp Classen will have you leading hikes to allow them to explore an amazingly diverse ecosystem, located at the intersection of two major biomes, with lakes, streams, waterfalls, fossil beds and unique geological features. Also teaching classes like: Outdoor Wilderness living skills, Primitive Fire making, Aquatic Habitats, Atlatls, Team building, Tomahawks, Riflery and more that bring their classrooms to life in the great outdoors. Training is provided with optional WFA, Lifeguard and Rock Climbing available.
Are you ready to help us make a difference in our campers' lives? Don’t delay start your camp professional adventure today!
- 16 years of age or older
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to lead day hikes and other outdoor activities
- Ability to relate to individuals and groups in a warm, positive manner
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Lifeguard certification
- Experience with team-building curriculum
- Understanding of basic natural history and environmental education concepts
- Fall season Instructors typically begin around the end of August and continue until mid - December.
- spring season Instructors typically begin February and continue through the end of May.
- Summer opportunities are also available
NOTE: Exact start dates are determined prior to each season as group contracts are finalized.
COMPENSATION AND AMENITIES
- Starting at $100/ day. Additional income opportunities available on weekends
- Uniforms are provided
- Semi private housing
- Meals are provided when dining hall is open.
- All training certification costs and time are paid for.
- Free laundry facilities and wifi
- Professional advancement and growth opportunities at camp and with the YMCA OKC Association.
If you want to learn more about our programs and mission, visit our website: https://campclassen.org/
We invite you to get to know YMCA CAMP CLASSEN better by contacting us today.