Under general supervision of the Sales department, perform various duties concerning sales and events. Interact continuously with clients, guests, department management, and personnel; maintain sales information; and provide various administrative and operational support to the Sales department. This part-time position is regularly scheduled to work during normal business hours.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and direct all guests in a welcoming & professional manner as they enter the Gas South District Administrative office.
- Answer incoming calls in a knowledgeable, friendly, and professional manner, and direct to appropriate department, if required.
- Provide requested information for sales inquiry including capacities and meeting guide.
- Create sales inquiries by gathering contact and event details.
- Draft, process, and distribute contracts and addendums.
- Create and send payment invoices.
- Provide reminders and follow-up emails to clients regarding contract and payment due dates.
- Assist with last minute client needs/changes.
- Run and distribute sales reporting for meetings.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of promotional content or events, sales inquiries, and general sales correspondences.
- Assist in booking space for internal meetings.
- Provide and send maps and directions for site tour guests.
- Assemble marketing collateral and event information for site tours.
- Conduct sales site tours.
- Manage client database for prospects. Follow-up with clients periodically to assess any future needs.
- Assist the sale department in the organization of facility’s involvement at tradeshows, conventions, or other related programs, and at times serve as facility representative.
- Provide a variety of secretarial and administrative support to the Sales and Event Services departments.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires the ability to:
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Operate personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software as well as event booking/scheduling software.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work as a team member as well as independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, guests, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one to three years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.