Company Overview: Biomerics is a world-class manufacturer and innovative polymer solutions provider for the medical device and biotech industries. As a vertically integrated company, we specialize in designing, developing, and producing medical devices for diagnostic and interventional procedures. We are focused on next-generation solutions for vascular access, electrophysiology, cardiac rhythm management, neurovascular, structural heart, and cardiovascular markets.
At Biomerics, we are dedicated to our diverse employee base. We understand that a strong, skilled, and engaged workforce is the foundation of our continued success as a business. We strive to live up to the Biomerics values in all our interactions. It is an exciting time to be part of our collective team. There is no limit to the impact that can be achieved here at Biomerics. We improve and advance our employees' and patients' lives that depend on our products.
At Biomerics we believe in integrity, partnership, empowerment & accountability, trust, agility, teamwork, and excellence, and we care. Our team-oriented, customer-focused corporate culture places a premium on building strategic, mutually beneficial partnerships with customers and our team members.
The ME will be expected to lead high-impact projects. The ME is expected to lead change, contribute new ideas, and find innovative methods to accomplish goals. Work with tooling/outside suppliers/in-house personnel performing analysis of situations or data and develop an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Acts independently and exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Determines methods and procedures for new assignments. The ME will be expected to have the ability to get things done through people who do not report to them. The ME will also need to have the ability to work through adverse situations while building and maintaining good personal relationships.
- On-site, regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, operation sequences, and processes in fabricating parts, components, subassemblies, final assemblies, test procedures, tools programs, and training. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and recommends tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Execute and refine build sequences.
- Evaluate the manufacturing effectiveness of a build process and implement improvements to meet build cycle times and product design specifications.
- As required, maintain records and reporting systems to coordinate manufacturing operations.
- Test and qualify components and processes. Work with suppliers to improve incoming material quality and acceptance.
- Interface with engineering in coordinating the release of new products.
- Read and interpret design drawings schematics and perform simple updates of models or drawings using computer-aided design.
- Primary objectives may include improving manufacturing operational efficiency, optimizing product design, qualifying replacement components, improving product quality, improving customer satisfaction, and reducing manufacturing costs.
- Must be an adept and experienced problem solver who can determine the root cause of difficult issues. Must be able to implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strives to improve processes to achieve optimal efficiency for manufacturing operations continuously.
- Supports the introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Review engineering designs and documentation for completeness, clarity, and manufacturability.
- Evaluate and qualify new suppliers.
- Interfaces with Product Development to define and implement manufacturability criteria and develop procedures/processes for assembly test procedures, including fixtures, during development.
- Ensures designs, documents, and procedures have been validated in manufacturing before production release.
- May perform and document field failure investigations, identify root causes and participate in corrective and preventative action efforts.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Must be adaptable and comfortable in a dynamic work environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Engineering degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 0-5 years’ experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- 3D CAD experience, SOLIDWORKS preferred.
- Experience with data analysis.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to read/interpret drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays, 401k
Please, No Recruitment Agency calls or emails (we are not using recruitment services for this or any other role posted).
The salary estimates are estimates from this job board and not a guarantee from Biomerics salary range.
Biomerics only accepts non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Biomerics approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Biomerics by search/recruiting agencies not already on Biomerics approved agency list shall become the property of Biomerics. If Biomerics subsequently hires the candidate, Biomerics shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.