Are you interested in sharing your passions or hobbies with someone who has similar likes or interests? Would you like to make a rewarding career out of it or support someone for a few hours a week? If you are interested in this, then we are interested in you! Providence Center provides supports that allow adults with disabilities to enjoy increased self-determination in leading a more independent, valuable, and functioning role in society.
Some of the people looking for support are:
- I am looking for someone with an open and inviting personality. I love to take walks but need to just hang out sometimes if I am tired. I need someone to keep me motivated to try new things and who wants to help me learn to become more independent. You can't be too pushy or demanding though. Requires use of personal vehicle with good driving record. (20hr/wk; M-F 4pm-8pm)
- I am currently in the process of getting my GED so I can get a paid job. I like going shopping and hanging out. I want someone energetic who can bring me out of my shell. I need someone to keep me motivated towards my future goals through positivity and fun. I want someone who can be creative in our outings but can also just chill at home. (9hr/wk; flexible M-F)
- I am currently in a bowling league on Saturdays and would love someone to join my friends and me for the fun! Sometimes we go out to lunch after too. I may need help during the week with shopping or just hanging out if I get bored. I want someone I can look up to and knows right from wrong. They have to be goofy and fun and social, just like me. They also need to be a really good communicator because I love to talk. (5hr/wk; Saturdays)
- I recently stopped working so I am looking for someone to keep me busy in fun, creative ways. I would love to volunteer somewhere too. I am most interested in big trucks, construction, and yard work. I also collect hats and listen to old country western music. I want someone who can match all my energy and get loud with me, but knows I can get tired too. I am ready to get back out in the community in fun and creative ways. (30hr/wk; M-F, 9am-3pm)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Valid Maryland, Washington, D.C. or Virginia driver’s license and access to own vehicle for most direct support positions; provisional license is not acceptable
• Essential physical skills – ability to run, squat, stoop/bend, kneel, climb stairs, lift at least 50 pounds (or ¼ own body weight), push and pull against potential resistance
• Ability to implement non-physical and physical interventions and CPR when needed
• Adequate vision, reading, writing and documentation verbal communication skills and hearing to perform essential functions of the job.
• Ability to maintain assigned work hours, having sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge such as Microsoft Word, Internet Research and E-mail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, squat, bend, kneel, push, pull, reach with arms, and handle/feel objects. Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.