The Role: Director of Retail Technology and Innovation
The Location: San Antonio, TX
We are currently seeking an experienced Director who will lead Retail Technology and Innovation of a huge North American eye care retailer in the United States.
- You will direct, manage, and oversee Infrastructure services by establishing and implementing short- and long-term strategies to accomplish the goals and objectives to deliver in-scope IT services to business partners within budget, schedule, and quality objectives.
- Develop and instill a strong foundation for Application life cycle management including governance, development, and maintenance of the Retail application software
- Work closely with store operations and Managed Vision Care to ensure that Information Technology has goals that are aligned with and support broader Company objectives
- Define and influence product strategy for Retail in regards to POS and Managed Vision Care
- Coach, mentor, and invest in team members to be the best engineers
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Be a subject matter expert in a product domain
- Develop and implement architectural standards in partnership with Architect team
- Drive technical design and decisions in partnership with Architect team
- Partner with business to prioritize and deliver new capabilities
- Define standards and methodologies for best practices; ensure compliance of these practices
- Communicate business objectives, direct staff and perform activities to achieve business objectives
- Responsible for hiring, payroll tracking/performance reviews, mentoring, coaching, and developing information technology associates within area of responsibility
- Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and/or upgrades as they become available
- Perform complex management activities to plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate technology and services in support of information technology operations and services. Oversees complex and mission critical initiatives and projects
- Provide expert-level leadership in daily operations oversight to include overseeing the administration of procurement and contracting services within the area’s budget and ensures effective and efficient delivery of services as well as vendor or service partner management
- Advise and consult with customers and other services within IT to provide services and evaluate performance while meeting customer needs
- Oversee budget, contracts and human resource decisions. Budget includes participation in the legislative appropriations process and managing various issues related to planning of and limitations to the operating budget for this area.
- Proven leadership and management skills are required for a complex and sophisticated application development and innovative workforce
- Prior experience with large-scale cloud-based solution in healthcare and/or retail industry
- In-depth understanding of microservices, open source, and Agile development practice
- Experience in defining the IT Technology vision, strategy and roadmap in a leadership capacity.
- Experience leading transformational programs and coaching team to deliver results
- Ability to represent the company’s IT organization with internal and external entities
- Five or more years’ experience in a leadership role within application development and technology
- Experience supporting enterprise level applications
- Practical experience in analysis, development, and evaluation of standards, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or an equivalent combination of experience and education
TRI Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.