evo Purpose: To make life better by building community and igniting the adventurous spirit that lives within us all.
evo is a leading multi-channel retail brand that stands at the intersection of community, commerce, adventure sports, and the outdoor lifestyle. We offer a distinctly curated product assortment and highly crafted customer experiences. At evo, we define success differently than most, balancing three goals equally: 1) Building an iconic brand and business; 2) creating an extraordinary place and path for our team; and 3) leveraging our success to drive community impact. We are a company driven by our purpose and values, with a collective passion for community, sports and lifestyle, and a drive to together build something that lasts and matters.
evo is looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our dynamic and growing Technology team. As a member of the Retail Ops team, you’ll support the technology needs of our Customer Care department and retail stores teams and service the hardware, software, and networks they depend on. In a typical day, the IT Support Specialist might rebuild a slow-running desktop, troubleshoot a faulty network jack, reset user passwords, participate in a meeting about a new store opening, or investigate a service outage with one of our data providers. Some of these tasks will have structure, some will require creating structure on the fly – the only thing for sure is that no two days are alike around here.
- 100% paid health dental and vision*
- Paid vacation time*, sick leave, 40 hours volunteer paid time off
- Paid parental leave for birthing & non birthing parents
- Retail quarterly bonus program, profit share program* and long-term compensation program
- 401k matching
- Employee discount and access to pro deals on most the products we sell
- NGEY (New Gear Every Year): a new ski or snowboard setup to use for the season*
- Bike finance program and bike stipend
- Time together outside, volunteer activities, community events, ride days and annual retreat
- Flexible work schedules, remote work for eligible roles, and dog friendly offices
- Career pathing, leadership development, network development, training and performance feedback
Note: Availability of the benefits and perks may be subject to your location, tenure and employment type. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time.
*Benefit not eligible for seasonal employees
- Respond to help desk requests, answer inquiries, and resolve technical issues raised by end users. Log and track support tickets using a ticketing system.
- Assist users with hardware-related issues, such as troubleshooting desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals. Perform basic hardware repairs and replacements
- Provide support for common software applications, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting. Help users with issues related to operating systems, office productivity software and other applications.
- Handle password resets and account unlock requests. Assist users in managing their login credentials.
- Troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues and assist with internet and intranet access problems. Provide support for basic network configurations.
- Provide remote assistance to users, guiding them through troubleshooting steps and resolving issues remotely.
- Maintain documentation of common issues and solutions for reference. Create and update user guides and knowledge base articles.
- Conduct basic training sessions for end-users on common IT tasks and best practices. Educate users on IT policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring a positive and professional interaction with end-users. Communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Other special projects as assigned.
The Must Haves:
- High School Diploma and 1+ years in industry experience.
- Current IT certifications preferred (A+, Net+, Microsoft)
- Basic knowledge of operating system (Windows or macOS)
- Understanding of common hardware (RAM, CPU, HDD/SSD, and peripherals)
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, IP addressing, and common networking protocols
- Familiar with common business applications and tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of basic troubleshooting skills tools for hardware and software diagnostics.
- Proficiency in using customer support or help desk software for managing and tracking support requests.
- Understanding of user account management, including password resets and access permissions.
- Problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and customer service.
- sit, stand, walk for extended periods, as well as perform tasks such as twisting, stooping, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting to 50 pounds.
The Nice to Haves:
- Mac/Apple hardware and software experience
- Experience with Windows servers, virtual machines, phone systems, Active Directory and Azure
- Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm. Alternative working schedule may be required during peak season.
- On-call rotation: Will be on call every 3-5 weeks.
- Travel Requirements: 10%
- Remote Eligible: Hybrid: 2 days on site minimum a week.
At evo, we are working to build and nurture a culture where equity, inclusivity, and compassion are inherent to how we operate and evolve. We recognize and value the uniqueness of each individual's experiences and understand the power in the diversity of ideas and opinions. Guided by our values and mission to promote more inclusive outdoor spaces, we are working to develop a team that is equally representative of the community we hope to build.
While there is more work to be done, we are in the process of evolving our toolset. We are committed to providing the space, support, and resources necessary for each individual to feel heard and valued. If you are interested in contributing your unique voice to our journey, we welcome you to apply!
evo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe the participation of individuals of diverse ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities and personalities will add to personal development and organizational success. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, and promoted without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital or military status, age, national origin, color, the presence of any mental, physical, or sensory disability, genetic information, gender identity, political ideology, or any other basis prohibited by law.
evo embraces equal and fair pay and offers unique & competitive benefits to all employees. We provide compensation ranges for all posted roles. Many factors go into determining the actual compensation offered, including: specific skills and experience, geographic location and other relevant factors. The range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.