Short’s Travel, the leading college athletics travel agency, is recruiting a singular individual who can hit the ground running to develop from the ground up a data intelligence capability for the organization. You will move us beyond simple reporting, acting as a data-driven architect of new ideas and processes, driving innovation, enhancing efficiency, and empowering our teams to make informed decisions. You’ll need a proven track record and full suite of data, analysis, and platform skills to deliver a BI solution tailored to our needs, along with the ability to effectively mentor our company staff on how to get the most out of it. Regular ad-hoc analysis and visualization requests would be a normal part of the job, but we expect you to have the passion and experience to guide the organization beyond just what we think we need, to unlock all that our data can do for us.
This position can work remotely from home.
- Data Analysis & Reporting: Proactively analyze data to answer business questions, generate reports, and provide actionable insights.
- Data Transformation & Cleaning: Use advanced techniques to clean, transform, and structure data into usable formats for analysis.
- Platform Leadership: Oversee the end-to-end development, implementation, and maintenance of the business intelligence platform.
- Client Dashboards: Create client dashboards, visualizations and reporting that consolidates data from all our service areas and allows for meaningful client understanding and analysis of the work we do for them.
- Opportunity Identification: Work with service leaders to create effective reporting and visualizations to identify and understand gaps in service to existing clients where opportunities exist to build more business or spot client downturns.
- Client Value Analysis: Develop a full picture of total client spend across our service areas and how to visualize service value and savings to clients.
- Platform Maintenance & Optimization: Regularly update and optimize the BI platform, ensuring peak performance and reliability. Coordinate with outside consultants/vendors on this as needed.
- Training & Support: Offer training sessions and ongoing support to teams using the BI platform, ensuring they can use the tool effectively.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with BI industry trends and best practices to ensure the platform remains cutting-edge.
- Analytical Thinker: Possesses the ability to sift through complex datasets to find actionable insights.
- Problem Solver: Offers innovative solutions to BI challenges and business questions.
- Self-Starter: As the sole person responsible for BI, they should be proactive and independent.
- Technically Proficient: Ability to learn and apply new techniques and technologies quickly.
- Detail-Oriented: Ensures precision in both data transformation and analysis.
- Collaborative: Effective in collaborating with different departments to understand and fulfill their data need
- Articulate Communicator: Adept at translating complex data into digestible narratives for various leaders.
- Proven experience in BI platform development and administration on PowerBI, Tableu, Domo, or QlikSense and related language skills like SQL, Python, or R
- Proficient in data cleansing, transformation, query, and analytical techniques.
- Strong Excel analytics skills both for Pro typing and delivery of information
- Experience manipulating and analyzing travel agency data
- Experience working with SQL Server & Salesforce as data sources
- Experience implementing AI enabled feature sets of BI products
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields.
- Master's degree or relevant certifications in BI or related fields.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off
Short’s Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned, women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other travel management company. STM’s mission is to enhance the experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you win, we all win!
The STM team strives to drive innovation, provide excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and maximize the value of our products and services.
Short’s Travel Management is an EOE employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.