Want to work at a company committed to enabling economic growth through predictive cloud software? Do you want to get in on the next phase of growth for a software company with an amazing brand legacy and over 1,000 customers?
At IMPLAN, we enable consultants, governments, academic researchers, economic development organizations, and companies to understand economic impacts – and most importantly, how to leverage them.
We have been around for over 35 years and are entering the next phase of growth fueled by our cloud software platform.
We are currently looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) with a passion for providing hands-on software and economic analysis support to clients. IMPLAN has a team of CSMs that are individually assigned clients and who personally serve as their primary support resource. CSMs play a pivotal role in ensuring clients’ success and satisfaction with IMPLAN as both a product and a company on a daily basis. This person is expected to deliver customer outcomes by developing a clear adoption and retention strategy for the clients in the verticals assigned to them.
The Customer Success Manager will be required to develop a deep understanding of IMPLAN data and all IMPLAN products. The position requires a passion for supporting our product and fostering relationships with clients, while effectively promoting sales retention and encouraging revenue growth. Their commitment to customer success is evidenced by their attention to clients’ needs, their provision of accurate and relevant solutions, and their fostering of meaningful business relationships. This candidate is also a flexible individual who excels in an open and fast-paced team environment, can work on multiple concurrent projects across the organization, and is an excellent communicator.
- Become a subject matter expert on the application and the analytical needs and challenges of clients throughout the academic vertical
- Onboard all new customers in the academic vertical by providing thorough and personalized orientation with regards to using the IMPLAN software
- Establish and maintain relationships with all academic clients in the including from the individual contributor to the senior management
- Achieve and maintain the target renewal retention
- Provide ongoing analytical support to clients across multiple communication platforms, including phone, e-mail, video conferencing, and the IMPLAN support ticketing system
- Successfully balance taking incoming orders and managing a high rate of renewals
- Identify expansion opportunities (upsell/cross sell) to grow customer spend
- Partner with the Education, Product, Marketing, and Data teams and serve as the voice of the customer
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple software platforms simultaneously
- Strong skills in logic and problem solving, conceptual thinking, and deductive reasoning
- Strong research skills and experience with complex analytical problem solving
- Comfort with sales and upselling techniques
- Ability to communicate easily with professors, researchers, and university staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort and familiarity with a team-based work environment
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Willingness to adapt and be challenged
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Fluency in English
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a software customer success, sales, or customer service position and a history of providing customer support
- Experience using the IMPLAN software or an understanding of input-output modeling and social accounting matrices
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Zendesk, and Pendo
- Familiarity with web meeting tools, including RingCentral, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet
- Foreign language skills
- Completion or nearing completion of a Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Economic Development, Planning, Public Policy, Urban Studies, or a closely related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an exhaustive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the role. Additional responsibilities and duties may change a) at any time and b) without notice.
WHAT WE OFFER
At IMPLAN, we have crafted a collaborative and welcoming workplace focused on achieving the specific goals laid out by our community. We are always seeking agile, engaged, and high caliber people to join our team. We offer a comfortable office environment, free snacks and drinks, company social outings, and a workweek that ends at 3 p.m. on Fridays. Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, and Basic Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement 401k plan with Company Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and 10 Company Paid Holidays