DUBUQUE OR DAVENPORT, IOWA
Origin Design is a full-service professional design firm offering architecture, engineering, field services and land survey. We deliver impactful, sustainable solutions to help the clients and communities we work with thrive and grow.
Origin Design is continually seeking highly qualified individuals to enhance and expand our staff to better serve our clients. We are currently hiring a summer Intern Architect that will assist with healthcare, education, commercial and industrial projects. The position will be based out of our Dubuque or Davenport office. The employment term is for the 2024 summer. Future internships and opportunities upon graduation may also be available.
Origin Design emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate personal and professional growth in your career. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture of collaboration and position our employees for success. If you join our team, we will help you grow your skills and encourage your creativity. Your future starts here. #itstartshere #origincrew
- Provide architectural design input to the project team.
- Assist with feasibility studies, programming, schematic design, life safety and building envelope assessments.
- Research and interpret applicable codes and regulations and verify that materials and details of construction are in conformance with codes and regulations.
- Perform site and field work including site investigation, existing facility inventory and field measured documentation.
- Assist with production of construction drawings, exhibits and reports using Revit.
- Assist with the preparation of technical specifications.
- Assist with preparation of estimates of probable construction costs.
- Coordinate and review work of civil, structural, MEP and other consultants.
- Develop knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Assists with construction administration including construction submittal reviews, responses to RFIs, payment requests, perform site visits to observe progress and character of work and prepare punch lists.
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture program.
- Interest in one or more of healthcare, education (K-12 and higher), commercial or industrial projects.
- Proficiency in Revit.
- SketchUp, Photoshop and Enscape experience is a plus.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Work-life harmony.
- Flexible work hours and remote working options.
- Competitive compensation packages and discretionary bonuses.
- Wellness benefits.
- Sense of community and fun events.