Headquartered in Clifton, NJ, ClassLink is a leading education technology company serving schools around the world.
ClassLink empowers over 21 million students and staff with instant access to a library of 6,000+ single sign-on apps from in the classroom or at home.
ClassLink Analytics provides essential usage data, so instructors can measure engagement and leaders can make informed purchasing and training decisions.
ClassLink Roster Server and OneSync use automation and open standards to make rostering and provisioning easier, more secure, and less time-consuming.
The Director of State Initiatives will drive sales of ClassLink at the State Level. Candidates will have experience with responsible decision making and success in a complex Government Affairs function. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated and clear reputation for excellence and integrity.
The successful candidate will deeply understand legislative, regulatory, and political processes including knowledge of the substantive public policy and business issues affecting a leading education technology company.
· Research and understand state initiatives in all respective states
· Familiarize yourself with decision makers at the state level and how they are connected
· Leverage events to drive opportunities by preparing a plan beforehand, connecting during, and following up after events.
· Research and monitor government activities that could affect the organization’s business and clients.
· Collaborate with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
· Develop and implement effective advocacy strategies for education and technology priorities on the federal and state levels
· Represent ClassLink in meetings with state officials and partners as needed, which may be in person or virtual
· Collaborate with ClassLink executive leadership to book meetings and attend networking events.
· Confidently conduct demonstrations of ClassLink
· Help achieve ClassLink's sales targets
· 5+ years in a senior consultative sales role
· 5+ years of relevant government affairs experience, with proven relationship and coalition building skills, preferably with a nationwide company or commercially oriented non-profit organization, preferred in education and technology
· Political relationship expertise, which may include federal or state legislators and education government agencies
· Demonstrated understanding of substantive policy issues in the education, technology, or privacy sectors
· Strong government contacts at local, state, and federal levels.
· Extensive knowledge of the Ed-tech Marketplace
· Unwavering passion to improve classroom learning and pedagogy
· Bachelor's degree required, Master’s or post grad degree a plus
· Work from home and willingness to travel
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead