Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time Paraprofessional. This role will work within the general education environment and one-one-one contexts to mentor and support students according to their unique needs. The paraprofessional supports teachers in meeting the instructional, educational, behavioral, and social-emotional needs of students with disabilities in the classroom and community. The incumbent will need to be familiar with individual education plans (IEP) and be able to follow them. This position will report to the Special Education Lead Teacher (SELT) on our Atlanta campus.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students with disabilities in accordance with the students’ IEP
- Collects instructional and behavioral data for all objectives being taught for each student.
- Implements Behavior Intervention Plans for students with disabilities.
- When in a school-based learning environment, monitors students' movement throughout the building to other classrooms, learning areas, playground, and cafeteria.
- Supports the SELT in matters pertaining to Special Education
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree or higher in any subject completed at an accredited institution required
- Paraprofessional certification in the state of Georgia required
- 3 years of teaching experience working with students with disabilities and/or behavioral challenges
- Experience with IEP Online, GO IEP, or other digital IEP platforms
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school open to students who reside within the Atlanta Public Schools district. The school opened in 2014 with grades K – 8, and has added a grade each year as students have advanced. It is now a K – 12 academy. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site.